• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Ejection Port Dust Cover?

NevadaZielmeister

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2013
Northern Nevada
Gentlemen,

So my LWRCi SBR ejection port dust cover failed. I know about the lifetime warranty rom LWRC and I know that they will make it right. However, maybe it will fail again? The failure is no major issue, as the dust cover now just stays open. The rifle is still operational.

So what do you guys think is the best dust cover out there?

Thank you in advance.

I'd suggest they're all the same and one doesn't offer any functional benefit over the other. Little springs like those in a dust cover just wear out, plain and simple.

That said, I like the port covers from V7 weapons. Their tapered pins make install a little easier as you don't need to f with the little c clamps.

I've never seen a dust cover fail before, weird! It's one of those parts that there just isn't much to in terms of options, other than engraving. The only other option that comes to mind is the one Jasonfaz mentioned from V7.

Your spring is installed backwards...
9440057a91dd0c2e971ddced356ada18.jpg

What failed on the dust cover? The little spring? Never heard of that particular part failing. Suspect if you replace it with another spring, you'll rock on w/o further problems.

If you're gonna get a new dust cover however, I'd damn sure get one of those shown in the above pics:)

DPMS.

Seriously, I don't think it matters who makes it. You probably got a bad spring, or the spring slipped somehow. The only rifle I've had real issues with a dust cover was a 1965 M16 upper that was just worn to the point that the cover wouldn't consistently stay snapped shut. Not a big deal, and not a very common failure.

I have gone through thousands of ejection port covers this year. I could count on one hand the number of bad ones, whether it is the spring/detent or they were not crimped together properly, it does occasional happen. They all come from just a few sources. I would take the chance to add some personality to the rifle:

2nd%20Amendment%20Waving%20Flag.jpg

or

Psalm%2023-4%20Reaper%20v.2.jpg