• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BEST EVER AR Selector switch...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Hey Hiders,

I wanted to give you guys a heads up on what I consider simply the best AR selector switch on the market, made by Battle Arms Development. They are fully customizable for whatever your needs and now come ceracoated in a few colors.

(btw I don't have any stake in it's sales, I just love the product)

http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com/main.sc

Re: BEST EVER AR Selector switch...

I have one with more planned for future and existing builds. They are awesome when you want a functional ambi control that doesn't get in the way.

I have (4) of them, they are great. Highly recommended. First one came on my Spikes ST-22. Quickly bought more for my (2) OBR's and PredatAR!

Definitely a new twist/interesting way to do things on a fairly run of the mill product. I'll probably take a look at these for my next built and I'm glad to hear they're working out quality wise from those that have used them.

God knows you need a selector that costs as much as a stripped lower!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God knows you need a selector that costs as much as a stripped lower!! </div></div>

Well if you want the best.... ; )

Definitely a nice change from the standard selector switch but I can't see how it provides anything more than a cosmetic difference, offering no real benefit. But, hey, if that's your thing...great! Nothing wrong with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God knows you need a selector that costs as much as a stripped lower!!</div></div>

So true. Paying $80 for one screams "I must have every tacticool gadget!" to me. It's not about "can I afford this?" it's about "am I going to let another AR tacticool company rip me off?"

Since I fired my first 5.56 almost 2 decades and 150k rounds ago, I have never ONCE thought to myself "gee, I wish someone could make a better selector, preferably for the price of a lower receiver."

Great selector! Its not sloppy by any means. I really like the short throw model the 45 degree one. These selectors are smooth and a nice fit.

It's great for being a lefty. It really is a well thought out and ingenious product. The customize able levers are a very nice though, and it is smooth as butter. It is exceptionally great for running a COF, and being able to effortlessly switch between safe and fire as you move from position to position.

Haters are going to hate. That's how you know your doing something right.
whistle.gif

Hi guys, this is Roger from Battle Arms Development. Since its introduction in late May of 2010, our 90 degree, semi auto selector is being regarded by many in numerous circles as the finest selector made for the AR platform. The 90 degree selectors are in use with various police, SWAT and federal law enforcement agencies, and will most likely be written into the specs for a federal agency's M4 procurement.

Among the reputation we have earned (quality, innovation, and customer service), I do believe this is the first time we've been called a tacti-cool company lol.

The reasons it costs more are many:
1. All the components are CNC machined
2. All the components are made in the US
3. Multiple layers of QC

If you guys know how much it costs to make these selectors, and to back them up with probably one of the best support and service in this industry, you might be shocked.

We offer MIL, LE, firefighters, and EMT personnel discounts, we also have a free lever exchange program where we will do an advance exchange and ship a customer a lever to try out before they send the returning lever to us, this is a no cost option.

In addition to the 90 degree selector, we are also the one and only company that produces and sells the 45 degree short throw selector for the AR platform.

I treat every one of my rifles as a fighting gun. We train to shoot pistols and rifles from both sides, you never know if your strong arm may be occupied with something else or disabled in a fight. That ambidextrous controls are on new US small arms is no coincidence, folks that have been on the fence will soon see that these ambi controls will be standard fare, instead of niche items for left hand users
smile.gif

Duffy,

First and foremost, thank you for posting about these. I was on the fence about them but after reading what you had to say, I'll definitely be giving one of these a try. I'm particularly a fan of the standard style. Will this fit in my POF AR-10 without any modification?

Hi Killshot, thank you! Our selectors is compatible with any AR style receiver that uses AR fire control group. POF and other billet receivers owners should be happy to hear that our selectors will work where others may bind. Of the two dozen measurements we took from various receivers, the POF and other billet receivers were among the thickest.

Please go to ar15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=404&t=204953 or m4carbine.net http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81908 where we posted the information. Basically, we made our selector center long enough to accommodate a wide range of receiver thickness.

The levers have angled serrations on top and bottom, and the top and bottom are perpendicular to the receiver wall, instead of the pyramid shaped factory levers. As a company, we spare no expense in quality and material, but spend zero time on looks.

Every serration and angle you find is there because there's a specific function that calls for its existence.

For a 90 degree selector, you should get a standard lever for the thumb side, and a short, or thin on the trigger finger side. Ambidextrous selectors before ours (save for KAC's PDW selector) have symmetrical levers. A long and thick lever on the trigger finger side introduces interference, so we developed levers with various lengths, thickness and geometry to mitigate the interference. The 90 degree design means the lever points straight down when it's on Fire, it's a design constraint we can't get around.

Except with the 45 degree selector
smile.gif

Until we came on the scene, the selector on an AR is probably one of the most neglected piece of controls. Other than the trigger, the safety selector gets the most human interaction time, in many cases, it gets more time with a shooter's hand than the trigger. As folks are fond of saying "safety first", this is a curious reverse and almost hypocritical stance in the industry to pay so little attention to the selector's contruction and ergonomics.

We have a pile of broken selectors our customers sent us, all MIM or cast, I'll post couple of them here, this shold answer the question "why machine it out of bar stock?"
smile.gif

Broken semi auto ambidextrous selector
3790300790_9e3ef715db_b.jpg

Cracked AR semi selector
crackedselector.jpg

Broken M16 selector
BrokenM16selector2.jpg

How every lever started life as:
UCASleversandblank2.jpg

Here they are in their CNC fixture
UCASleverblanksandleversinfixture.jpg

Chief among the characteristics that set us apart is the number of lever options. There are presently 5 levers and an end cap, with the 6th and maybe 7th lever to come.
BAD-ASS-5COMBO-SC1.jpg

these guys also have an improvement to MATECH sight--ck em out

great customer service too--picked up extras over Memorial day sale

THIS is not a cosmetic improvement---you can make it fit your long or short finger positions pefectly---anyone into 1911's
will know the importance of levers and buttons that can make your scores better

good t know about exchange program!

I have been using the 45 degree version for a while now. Very fast. The best part is that you dont have to change grip position to switch from fire to safe. I am a full time firearms instructor and teach 5 days a week. I say that only to say that I shoot quite a bit. I have not had any issue with the lever and it has been an improvement to the standard selector in every way.

Hi guys, thank you for your input
smile.gif
Steve, since we sent your boss a 45 degree selector, hope he didn't take yours away for himself
wink.gif

I see that some are marketing a special lower for the 45 degree
set-up---is this necessary?? will std lowers work?

I have one on my 6.8 build and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see that some are marketing a special lower for the 45 degree
set-up---is this necessary?? will std lowers work? </div></div>

I think they will work on standard lowers, but it may take a very slight modification to the selector (easy to do).

No mods of any kind were needed on my lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see that some are marketing a special lower for the 45 degree
set-up---is this necessary?? will std lowers work? </div></div>

I think they will work on standard lowers, but it may take a very slight modification to the selector (easy to do). </div></div>

They look great, and I like you're selector/trigger combo. Most definitely.

Now if you'd only ship to Canada, then we'd be rolling.

For Canada, The Shooting Edge carries our selectors
smile.gif

Bertman, the 45/90 degree compatible receivers are different in two ways:
1. There's a notch cut on the left side of the receiver selector hole to allow the stainless steel pin of the 45 degree selector to go through

2. The Fire engraving/pictogram is at 68 degrees, instead of 90 degrees, which allows the use of both the 45 degree and 90 degree selector.

A legacy (90 degree) receiver does not have the notch on the receiver's selector hole, so the 45 degree selector can't be installed. Also, if the pin is removed, the selector will go in, but now the Fire marking will not line up, thus creating a liability issue.

The only thing that prevents the 45 degree selector from being installed on a 90 degree receiver is the pin. The removal of which will void the warranty, as it is unauthorized modification.

Folks, we didn't do this to spur the sale of special receivers, we don't receive a dime from receiver manufacturers, we just make the selectors. We must look after our dealers and customers, having a non-standard selector work in a standard receiver only creates confusion and problems. The receiver therefore needs to be properly marked with correct Fire engraving or pictogram that shows the new Fire position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">duffy, got anybody in the UK? </div></div>

We are bound by ITAR regulations and can't export this yet. We will be working on allied and friendly foreign sales at some point, but for now, we can only ship to US addresses.

I am not sure about Canadian export rules, since The Shooting Edge in Canada carries our selectors, maybe they can ship to UK?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh btw, Ranier has the battle arms @ a much better price:
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2292
</div></div>

Thanks for the head's up on Ranier's pricing.

I spent Saturday and Sunday at a training course which included a lot of support side shooting. Would have been a hell of a lot easier if I'd had an ambi selector. I've got one of these on the way now.

Definitely a quality product.

Another option is the Ambi Star via RRA. just depends on what you want, expect, and are used too.

who cares what someone spends on a part. i'm sure there's plenty of Hiders' running NF and such on .22LR rifles. Maybe some shooters can't afford 150K rounds. So if it makes the shooter more confident, smoother and safer - everyone wins. Cuz only God knows how jacked up the gun laws will get if an AR user gets stupid in a public venue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely a quality product.

Another option is the Ambi Star via RRA. just depends on what you want, expect, and are used too. </div></div>

I agree. I have RRA star selectors on most of my guns.

man i dont think my rifle looks good enough to throw a set of those on lol def look great

Guys, our dealers have options on what they like to carry. Brownells only carries the selector in a fixed, two lever kit, no customization options.

Rainier carries it in three formats: 3 lever kit with standard, short, thin levers; 2 lever kit with standard and short levers; 2 lever kit with standard and thin levers. They also have the 45 degree selector.

2 lever kits are going to cost less, it's for folks that already know what they want. In truth, unless you've tried different levers, it is very difficult to know which of the trigger finger side lever will work best for you.

We went through the same process ourselves, we thought we liked the thin until we tried the short, in the end we produced and included both. This was in 2009 and 2010, since then we had introduced two additional levers.

The 3 lever kit price will go up very soon. The third lever in the kit is almost a give away, and with the free lever exchange program which renders the inclusion of the third lever unnecessary (with associated cost to the customer as well), has served its purpose in the first year when the product was new.

The free lever exchange program means a customer can buy the less expensive 2 lever kit, and still has the option to try different levers without paying for the third lever which they can't use, as only two levers can be on the selector at any given time.

When the price is adjusted in a month or so, the 2 lever kit will be the same price as the current 3 lever kit, and the 3 lever kit will still be available with a new retail price.

I just installed one of these on my S&W AR - MP15.

All I can say is WOW. Installation was easy. Deciding which of the 3 levers to use was the hard part. Had to play around until I found the combo that agreed with me.

Some may say this is a pricey upgrade. I'll even concede that it's not cheap. Just wait and see what you think once you have it installed though. I bought this mainly so I could have an ambi-dex safety. Another reason is that I just like to tinker and change shit.

Did my old stock safety selector work? Yep, sure did.

This new selector is pure quality, in looks as well as how it feels when functioning it. Moving it between fire and safe is crisp without play.... very precise feeling. When on safe, my trigger is rock solid - it just doesn't move. My old stock selector allowed a very slight amount of trigger movement, but still prevented firing.

Buyer's remorse? No way. Say what you want about price, compare it to this part or that lower or whatever. Use it once and you will understand. Quality costs and it's made here in the US - nuff said.

I'll admit that it never dawned on me that the selector is often overlooked as Duffy mentioned above. I really never gave it a second thought. After a Homer Simpson moment.... Doo, yeah I throw that thing back and forth quite a bit. I now have the piece of mind knowing that I have a quality overbuilt component that I don't have to worry about. Would I or the average person break their stock selector switch? I can't answer that, but I doubt I'll break or wear this one out.

Thanks Duffy for a great product. If/when I get another AR style rifle, you can bet that it will be wearing your company's safety selector.

Recently ordered one of these selectors for a new SPR-type build. BAD was offering a Geissele trigger/selector combo package. Consequently, I picked up a SSA-E trigger and selector package with unsurpassed savings thanks to the MIL/LE discount that was extended to me along with the free shipping.

Many thanks to BAD for a great deal and for extending the courtesy of a discount to MIL/LE. They offer a superbly well-made product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just installed one of these on my S&W AR - MP15.

All I can say is WOW. Installation was easy. Deciding which of the 3 levers to use was the hard part. Had to play around until I found the combo that agreed with me.

Some may say this is a pricey upgrade. I'll even concede that it's not cheap. Just wait and see what you think once you have it installed though. I bought this mainly so I could have an ambi-dex safety. Another reason is that I just like to tinker and change shit.

Did my old stock safety selector work? Yep, sure did.

This new selector is pure quality, in looks as well as how it feels when functioning it. Moving it between fire and safe is crisp without play.... very precise feeling. When on safe, my trigger is rock solid - it just doesn't move. My old stock selector allowed a very slight amount of trigger movement, but still prevented firing.

Buyer's remorse? No way. Say what you want about price, compare it to this part or that lower or whatever. Use it once and you will understand. Quality costs and it's made here in the US - nuff said.

I'll admit that it never dawned on me that the selector is often overlooked as Duffy mentioned above. I really never gave it a second thought. After a Homer Simpson moment.... Doo, yeah I throw that thing back and forth quite a bit. I now have the piece of mind knowing that I have a quality overbuilt component that I don't have to worry about. Would I or the average person break their stock selector switch? I can't answer that, but I doubt I'll break or wear this one out.

Thanks Duffy for a great product. If/when I get another AR style rifle, you can bet that it will be wearing your company's safety selector. </div></div>
^He could probably use this as a good review on the site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zenghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a SSA-E trigger and selector package </div></div>
^Ought to be nice

Thank you gents for the great feedback! We take pride in providing superb quality and material in everything we produce, it's also a matter of personal gratification that our gear is used by our peers, law enforcement agencies and war fighters.

The selector, as mentioned, is often neglected. There have been many upgrades and improvements between the muzzle to the stock of the AR platform, yet the number of improvements to the selectors can be counted in one hand, and many of them no better than the factory. In view that the selector is probably the singel most often used control on a rifle (in most cases, more than the trigger), the neglect by manufacturers is unfortunate.

We make the finest selector you can find on the AR platform, and in my opinion, on any platform. We will be producing ambidextrous selectors for the Barrett M82A1, FN SCAR, and Remington/Bushmaster ACR as well. We're not a selector company, this year, we will also be introducing a few user controls that, though not ground breaking, are far more user friendly. Given our reputation for attention to detail, I think you guys will appreciate the subtle differences
smile.gif