• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best feet for Atlas Bipod for sand/soft ground?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Just got the Atlas and wanted to see what the best feet out there were to use in sand/loose ground so that the bipod didn't end up sinking into it after a few rounds.

Looked on their site and it only seems they have 2 rounded 'cleat' feet; would these work or whats out there that would prevent the sand sinking?

Last edited:
    Ich glaube die gleichen es kommt mit.

But really, you would want the legs to dig into the sand and dirt. This is just a more stable platform to shoot from.

Yes and no.

On the Harris, its nice to have the feet go into the ground a bit, but after shooting a few magazines on dry and semi wet sand, they work their way in and most often unevenly. They also end up digging a hole. If I was going to use the harris I'd try one of those Phoenix Tactical feet but was curious what there was for the Atlas to negate this.

Yes and no.

On the Harris, its nice to have the feet go into the ground a bit, but after shooting a few magazines on dry and semi wet sand, they work their way in and most often unevenly. They also end up digging a hole. If I was going to use the harris I'd try one of those Phoenix Tactical feet but was curious what there was for the Atlas to negate this.

How about these?:Accessories: BT24 – Atlas Cleats from Accu-Shot Product Catalog – Monopods – Bipods - Accessories

I can tell you that claw feet are NOT the best for shooting over the hood of a brand new Crown Vic cruiser... Just 'sayin.

If you are on really soft ground, just put whatever feet you have on an upside down Frisbee. Pivots like a dream and great on movers. That said, it is a PITA to pre-load the legs.

I have claws... in my bag. Where they stay except during winter quals and even then I really don't need them. Rubber nubs have never let me down anywhere else. And as Nevadazeil... says: digging into the ground a bit is a feature... Lets you preload the legs.

Don't over think your bipod.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Tactical supplier makes the ones I use that I have been very happy with.

Tactical Supply - Product Detail
    +1 for Tactical supplier's feet.
    They are crazy light, and since I have a 28" barrel on my rifle I need try to cut weight anywhere possible.
    The spike portion digs into the frozen ground, wood barricades and hard dirt, while the large coller section keeps them from sinking into the soft dirt.
    Scott

Last edited:
    Just got the Atlas and wanted to see what the best feet out there were to use in sand/loose ground so that the bipod didn't end up sinking into it after a few rounds.

Looked on their site and it only seems they have 2 rounded 'cleat' feet; would these work or whats out there that would prevent the sand sinking?

The cleats suck. If you decide you want some I have them and would sell them to you for cheap. They are new I only used them on the carpet once.

Claws that QD for Spikes, and vice versa. That's how I roll. Snow is a bitch, so I bring some 8" square plywood bases that either will grab into. J

I use the cleats in sand and they work a lot better than the rubber feet. They will keep you from sinking in too far. I shoot in those exact conditions at least once a month.
    Dino

The Cleats are ok for me. They function better than the rubber version.

I have those Tactical Supply cleats above and give those a thumbs up.