• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best finish for Tac guns

buckskin52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
western PA
I am looking for some input on rifle finishes. I have used Dura-coat on my M40-A1 and was not overly impressed. I just used the Matte black from one of there cheap air brush kits. There are several scratches down to bare metal and the finish did not seem as good as advertised. I would need something DIY but it needs to last since it is going on an EDM windrunner which is not cheap. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: best finish for Tac guns

take a look at Birdsong's black T and Green T, as well as Robars Rogard with NP3 on the bolt.

I don't think that you would be unsatisfied with either option!

Brian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slinky001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take a look at Birdsong's black T and Green T, as well as Robars Rogard with NP3 on the bolt.

I don't think that you would be unsatisfied with either option!

Brian </div></div>

Is anyone still doing Black T and Green T since Walter passed? I was under the impression all business was to cease when Walter died. That is of course second hand info so it could be completely wrong.

Allegedly Gander Mountain send theirs off to Wally when you take it to them for refinishing. I know, it floored me too when I was told. I do know that before Walter passed, he was very particular about who's rifles he did.