• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best flow through suppressor

I got mine out in December as well. Definitely odd. Did your instructions mention a shim? I think my box instructions specifically called out not using one.
Yeah, the muzzle device had instructions in the little box and a packet full of shims in a sealed clear plastic bag, just like when you purchase the muzzle devices separately. They're the same product. If you have the flash hider, I don't think it needs to be timed like the muzzle brake does to work correctly with the can off. I'll go pull out my packaging tomorrow and take a look.

This channel has an interesting way of testing suppressor backpressure: slap it on a 249 and see how much it increases the rate of fire. Worth a watch.

OMG, what a freaking flamethrower!!! Barley better than the RC2 at night. Come on Surefire, it is 2024, you really can't figure out a way to integrate better flash hiding? Sadly people will buy it without doing any research because it sure Surefire on the side of it.

I have been reading a lot of good things about the Liberty Precision Machine Torch for flash hiding and low pressure. If I didn't have my Sand Man S this would be on my short list. CAT performs well but good luck proving you have all their components on if you get a baffle strike (hard pass for me).

1712324306570.png

Last edited:
I'm running a HUXWRX 762 stainless as a village bicycle. It rides on everything from a 5.56 SCAR SBR to a NEMO 300 WM. Also runs on a Kalashnikov USA KR103. AKs are notoriously over gassed and I've never had an issue with these suppressors. Reducing bolt carrier group velocity/speed is a real issue on gas guns and can lead to some premature wear on those systems.

I use the new HUXWRX Ti version on a lightweight back country 7PRC rig. Great cans.

The HuxWrx has decent night vision results too and it is a proven suppressor and proven company. I have a Dead Air Sandman S and I love it, does what I need it to do but I run piston ARs and now a JAKL so gas in my face isn't an issue. If I ran DI I would not have bought it.

1712325062645.png

I also love my Huxwrx 7.62 TI. I bought it for my Larue Predatobr 260 rem 18 inch. All of my other cans didn't really work on the Larue (too much pressure). The Huxwrx works like a champ.

OMG, what a freaking flamethrower!!! Barley better than the RC2 at night. Come on Surefire, it is 2024, you really can't figure out a way to integrate better flash hiding? Sadly people will buy it without doing any research because it sure Surefire on the side of it.

I have been reading a lot of good things about the Liberty Precision Machine Torch for flash hiding and low pressure. If I didn't have my Sand Man S this would be on my short list. CAT performs well but good luck proving you have all their components on if you get a baffle strike (hard pass for me).

View attachment 8389361
I know that one of the Surefire muzzle devices causes a bigger then normal flash (maybe the closed tine flash hider). I use the comp and do not have that flash issue but I have only shot two 77 grain ammos out of it. My 556 flow burps fire every six or seven rounds. As long as we are talking about bright things at night, the Hux heats up really quick and you can see the glow with both nods and thermal after just a mag or so.

I am interested to see how the new B&T srbs line of suppressors stack up. They are hub compatible and low back pressure which are both a must for me. The srbs 556 compact titanium only weighs 11 oz.

The Recce 5K isn’t a true flow-throw can, but it is low backpressure. It’s excellent on flash, and pretty darn quiet for the size.

OP requested HUB compatible, so I'm not sure why the Huxwrx Flow (Not HUB, is proprietary QD) series was garnering so much attention, but no mention of the Ventum series (HUB Compatible)?

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382
^^^Out of the two, the Flow is apparently quieter than the Ventum so you have a choice of either a "better" suppressor or one that's HUB compatible. One of the reasons I always mention the Radical Defense cans is due to the fact they're flow through, really work according to tests, and they're HUB compatible.

Does the RC3 use an additive process for production like the Flows? If so, and that can was relatively new, it's still burning off residual powder from the manufacturing process. Any 3-D printed can goes through this and they get less sparky as a result. Wondering if the photos above, illustrating poor flash performance, is a result of that. Never even considered those cans due to the extortion pricing.

Same here, the SureFire RC3 has that big pricetag burden, so I'm not looking at them either. They are for a different market, different customer base. Deep Pockets going to war.

I was looking at the RD CS3 this morning, considering a hybrid, flow thru design for use on AR platforms, and HUB compatible. It's also available, where many others are not.

I saw other threads calling the Huxwrx Flow a HUB can, but it's not.

I'm paying more attention to quality these days, and one indicator is runout, or lack of a precision bore. Does anyone know if any of these new flow thru cans, made with Ti, have any manufacturing problems with runout?

I also saw the thread discussion of CGS and problems with Ti powder, but I have not seen any details on that problem. Could someone please point me at a thread that talks about that? I was considering CGS until I saw that.

Last edited:
No runout issues on the Flow 762 or older HD 762Ti that I have. Both are Titanium and zero runout issues, checked with alignment rod and they've been perfect on all my rifles. Just because something is an additive process doesn't mean it can't be machined after the fact. No knowledge who does or does not in fact machine the bore after printing, just stating. I think there's a lot of internet gossip that gets blown out of proportion. I've done precision testing on a bolt gun and both were just as good in terms of precision as well as return to zero after removing and re-attaching the suppressor as a standard baffle can. That's a sample size of one so...

I have the RD CS3 in Haynes 282 in time out. It's in a single person trust so I won't get the quick individual filer turn-around times but hoping it won't be as bad as it has been in the past. I'm considering just doing an individual on a titanium LS3.

With the CGS cans, there was a lot of leftover powder that was making its way back into the rifle bore and action. Any 3D printed can is going to have some residual dust that'll come off under pressure which is why they spark. But with the CGS, it was a considerable amount of powder.

I am running cherry bombs on 4 of my rifles and wonder if there is a flow through suppressor compatible with this muzzle device, so that I wouldn't have to get new muzzle devices.

I'm running a HUXWRX 762 stainless as a village bicycle. It rides on everything from a 5.56 SCAR SBR to a NEMO 300 WM. Also runs on a Kalashnikov USA KR103. AKs are notoriously over gassed and I've never had an issue with these suppressors. Reducing bolt carrier group velocity/speed is a real issue on gas guns and can lead to some premature wear on those systems.

I use the new HUXWRX Ti version on a lightweight back country 7PRC rig. Great cans.

I have a Nemo Omen Match 3.0 in 300 WM. I normally run a Trash Panda on it, and the results are, well they have tended to be somewhat good and somewhat bad, shall we just say "mixed bag" results. How do you like the HUXWRX with your Nemo? Which particular model NEMO are you running?

I am running cherry bombs on 4 of my rifles and wonder if there is a flow through suppressor compatible with this muzzle device, so that I wouldn't have to get new muzzle devices.
Any flow through can with HUB threads that would allow you to mount a Plan B adapter would work. So the Hux Ventum, SiCo Velos, LPM Torch, etc.

The cat wb from the reviews I can find is sounding like it might be a top contender. Hub, low back pressure, light weight and low flash.

That does look to be a really good choice for your 5.56 carbines. You are unmoved about the enduring shitstorm that CAT is taking over their marketing / warranty arrogance? You wont find much of it here, but it is alive and well over at Reddit. I dont know why that is either. I have a theory that forums are where old skool hangs out, mostly. The younger folk seem to like the reddit better.

Anyway, take care of that WB and I am certain you will be very happy with it. Just dont break it. I had a CAT ODB Ti in my hands a couple times, and gave it back because of the unknown entity that the CAT company represents.

I have quite a few rounds through a flow on a gas gun and it worked well, but i wanted to use my hellfire mounts, so i have a ventum 762 on order. I got to shoot one on an M240 last week and was impressed, though I don’t have a lot of experience on that gun with cans to compare gas blowback.