• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best front rest for under $200?

Zback

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 8, 2019
What is the best front rest for bench shooting for under $200?

Zback, are you asking about a pedestal such as Hart or Bald Eagle? If so, I'd save another $50 and get the Hart pedestal. It has been around forever and a day.. Now the actual top will be additional on top of that.

The Bald Eagle will get you under your $200 and will be plenty solid. go with cast iron and avoid the aluminum. you want as much weight as possible.

Reactions: BAT_Boy and DMP
Good advice from C.R. Adams. I shoot BR rifles mostly but love to shoot A-5 stocked tactical rifles as well as ARs. Although I have a tricked out $1,300 SEB NEO joystick rest for the long range Bench guns, I usually reach for my trusty Hart Rest bought 30 years ago. I have interchangeable tops set up with #1 (AR), #2 (A-5), and #3 (BR) Protector bags to handle any stock fore end width that I have. Good, heavy, solid rest. Save your coins, get a Hart, add accessories as funds allow.

Reactions: C.R. Adams