• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best hearing pro ear buds?

I use Decibullz filters. Work great at 31 NRR for dangerous sound levels but allow normal hearing for low level sounds.

Last edited:
Etymotic. They have a really good NRR when used with the included foam ear tips. Best hearing protection I used indoors when shooting my open gun.

I Thought I would try a set of the AXIL GS Extreme , so far they have worked well for me , have bluetooth and hearing amplification of 6x they work independent of each other with the foam ear pieces it is rated at 29 NRR, with bluetooth turned off and I think 23 with bluetooth turned on, I tried it with Full auto 11.5" barrel Registered reciever AR un suppressed and worked well with M855 ammo. Haven't tried yet with 300 Norma Mag Ackley with 5 port brake yet , in a few days hopefully that will put them to test.

I Thought I would try a set of the AXIL GS Extreme , so far they have worked well for me , have bluetooth and hearing amplification of 6x they work independent of each other with the foam ear pieces it is rated at 29 NRR, with bluetooth turned off and I think 23 with bluetooth turned on, I tried it with Full auto 11.5" barrel Registered reciever AR un suppressed and worked well with M855 ammo. Haven't tried yet with 300 Norma Mag Ackley with 5 port brake yet , in a few days hopefully that will put them to test.
I would double plug for either of those!

Reactions: Gil P.
Is it through that concussion can effect your hearing through the bones even when the canal is plugged

Going to a hearing aid place and having a custom mold of your ear makes a difference, I brought in some walkers and had this done, worked pretty well, I still default to msa muffs most times

Kinda makes sense if bone conduction headphones work. That is why I think over the ear protection is best for really loud guns or indoor shooting.

Reactions: RGStory

Kinda makes sense if bone conduction headphones work.
Yeah I’m not arguing I just couldn’t find a decent read and I’ve been in the market for new ear pro.

In doing my own research I came across an article that said basically no ear Bud type hearing protection is sufficient to prevent hearing loss damage....

Thanks for this information all. Gives me some more to study up on.

In doing my own research I came across an article that said basically no ear Bud type hearing protection is sufficient to prevent hearing loss damage....

Thanks for this information all. Gives me some more to study up on.
That’s what I’m gathering

Sound Gear (by Starkey). Need audiologist for ear molds.

I use ESP Dynamics along with Sordin Pros. After experiencing hearing loss in both ears along with constant tinnitus I decided I better take care of what hearing I have left. Mother was totally deaf and saw first hand how loss of hearing impacts one's life. Expensive but a good investment.

Normally when I involve myself in a thread it becomes a dumpster fire, but this, this may help someone.

Reactions: GetReal
If you are shooting a rifle you have to make sure those molded plugs don’t move in your ear. Sometime even moving your head will break the seal.

3M EEP-100

At outdoor ranges with no big caliber brakes rifles next to me I wear only Sonic Defenders. Indoor ranges or with a braked rifle next to me I throw Howard Leight Impact Sports on top of the Surefires.

Reactions: NewsShooter
I have also had great luck with the AXIL gs extreme's, I would definitely recommend them. I ordered mine directly through AXIL and I think I paid $130, they were on sale at the time.

Reactions: Highmark