• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best Integral MkII, Quiet and Ability to Take Apart and Clean a Must.

Finally swung back around here.
Sounds like you have a plan and that is great.
As others may dig up this thread in the future, let me just point out some things about what liberty may have said...and I do realize that they are not actually quoted here.
This has been a generally good thread on the subject, but really started out with the idea that .22 can leading is such a serious problem that "take-apart" cans could potentially rise to the top of the requirement list.
In my experience, that is not the case. Shooting plated .22's made with clean burning powders and using a high pressure propellant debris cleaning tool can give you tens of thousands of rounds prior to any "cleaning" being done.
Given that, suppression values and accuracy could/should return to top priorities.

"Thread on technology became good enough to render integral technology expensive at best in order to keep up."
This is misleading. In every way, all technologies found in a blast can that have to do with suppression are found in the core of the integral.
In other words, if its about baffle facings, chamber staging, end cap designs, etc. all that is the same between the two.
But, there are parts of the suppression system of integrals that cannot be found in a blast can. Gas purge, tapped gas precharging and barrel compression (harmonics) , these are not found in a threaded blast can.
If the goal is absolute quiet, the topic of shooting subsonics is important and most packaged subsonics are just not the same as port tuning a HV round down to subsonic.
If one wants to use a blast can and shoot HV at subsonic speeds, the barrel has to be cut back significantly.

A "$635 <blast> can is 1.5 dB louder than their $2,000 integral"
Again, a bit misleading. One is the price of just the blast can, the other has an integrated host (pistol) included. Most producers blue print the host, or at least do the basic tune up. Some go much farther on barrel tap and barrel compression.
But there is more inasmuch as, in an integral, there is no chance of the can becoming loose, the benefit of a longer sight picture, harmonics stabilization, maximization of tuned subsonic velocities, all mentioned above.
Paclite = Aluminum, I have always welcomed the steel weight in the Marks.
But, as mentioned one does "give up" being able to swap the can to other hosts and for MANY this is the major driver to getting a blast can and understandably so.

Good luck and let us know how it all works out.

P.S. suppressing the 5.7 is a whole topic by itself. For now, you must be very careful of the pressure differential between a .22 and the 5.7 (48,000 cup vs 24,000) and know that at 2,500 fps velocities, this can will not suffice.

Best.

Last edited:
I think you will be really happy with that setup. The only problem I encounter with my suppressed .22's with micro RDS' is that my wife and oldest daughter (6yo) rarely let me get trigger time on them because they enjoy them so much.

Quick question for Rolling Thunder and Delta 4-3, and anyone else too I suppose:

I looked at the Liberty Essence and it isn't available here unless I order it and have it sent to a dealer here and I'm guessing that's gonna take a while. So, going back on my word to not buy another AAC, the only good looking one seems to be their Element2. The only problem I have with AAC is their 51T deal anyway, the SDN6 can is fine. I reckon a thread on would be okay, ho, hum.

So, that said, they claim 40 or 41dB reduction and it's 4.1 ounces. Would that be a good choice in place of the Liberty Essence, or would I be better served to just wait on that? I prefer to do business with Cascade Arsenal if you wanna see what he stocks, but I can get him to order anything. If anyone knows of an Essence in stock in WA state, I'd like to know that too.