• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best LPVO for ~$450?

j0502

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2021
IL
I've been looking into a few LPVO's recently. I am wanting to know which one to go with.

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24
Swampfox Arrowhead 1-8x24
Primary Arms 1-6x24

any other recommendations? From what I've seen for this range the swampfox arrowhead is the best bet.

Burris RT-6 and Viper PST Gen II (refurb) are the best LPVOs worth using in that price range.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Swampfox and Vortex use the same Chinese OEM (for some products) and these scope look very similar, so I wouldn't be surprised if these are basically the same (mechanically and similar optically).

Go for whichever has the right balance of features important for you (reticle, warranty, turrets, etc...). There shouldn't be an amazing difference in performance at a similar price range for similar product.

Swampfox and Vortex use the same Chinese OEM (for some products) and these scope look very similar, so I wouldn't be surprised if these are basically the same (mechanically and similar optically).

Go for whichever has the right balance of features important for you (reticle, warranty, turrets, etc...). There shouldn't be an amazing difference in performance at a similar price range for similar product.
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably end up going with the strike eagle 1-8.

StrikeEagle is probably your best bet. Vortex has a good warranty. Be prepared to use it though

Best place to find the Viper PST Gen II refurbished?
AAOptics, but it is rarely available & sells out within minutes. You can find used ones in the classified sections here or on other notable firearm forums, usually around $500, and it's a definite step above the optics you're considering.

I'd give strong consideration to the Primary Arms 1-6 with KISS reticle or Burris RT-6 if you want to stay below budget. I've heard good things about Swampfox, but haven't used one myself. I'm not sure the Strike Eagle is as durable as the other Vortex optics, but it still has a lifetime warranty - it seems like a lot of people have had to use it.

You might also want to consider the Crimson Trace optics (made in Japan) that are on 50% clearance at Midway:

can you save up a little more money? 600 will get you allot better glass. If not, watch the px for a used p4xi to pop up.

I am no expert, but I am not a fan of the strike eagle. Bought a swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 and think the glass is much better than the strike eagle. Actually sold the strike eagle. I would say the Arrowhead is similar glass to the vortex let 1-4. I haven't had the Arrowhead long enough to comment on durability.

Burris RT-6 and Viper PST Gen II (refurb) are the best LPVOs worth using in that price range.
right there

vortex is good but durability not as good as Burris. Burris is a tank and the glass punches above it's waistline

Another option is the Atibal XP8. I have that and a Vortex Strike Eagle gen 2 1-6 and prefer the Atibal XP8

Actually if you can go slightly higher than your stated budget I would take a hard look at the Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6 they are on clearance for $550-599 a few places and probably better glass than other options in that price range