• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best lpvo for under $500? If i go 34mm tube, I'll get most field of view? I have 30 and 34mm mounts

russkim04

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2019
It's for my 450 bushmaster, so shots at deer will be under 200 yards mainly. Biggest fov being one of the most important factors with a non- clustered reticle. Thanks for your help

Search around and compare numbers, that'll be your best bet. I'm not up to speed on the sub-$500 stuff, but as a general rule, the diameter of the tube does not effect your field of view. It's the diameter of the objective lens (the one facing the target) that matters. Other things like the way the scope is optically engineered will also affect the FOV. The main advantage of a larger tube diameter is that it facilitates a larger adjustment range for drop and windage, because the mechanism has more room to move.

For example, the Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 has a 30mm tube and the Vortex 1-10x24 has a 34mm tube. Their FOV numbers are pretty close (less than 10% difference) as they both have a 24mm objective lens, but the Vortex (34mm tube) has a 120 MOA elevation range and the Nightforce (30mm tube) has 100 MOA.

Reactions: russkim04
I just got a Bushnell Elite Tactical Pro 1-6.5 for my 6.8 SPC. I got it from Eurooptic for $649. It’s perfect for this rifle, which is my sub 200 yard deer/hog rifle. The field of view is comparable to other LPVOs I’ve used. The glass is excellent and works well in low light. It’s not daylight bright, but for a hunting rifle- it’s perfect because the dot gets really dim for low light shooting. Some other LPVOs don’t get dim enough, and the illumination washes out the target in low light. The BDC is set for a 62 grain .223, but it’s within 0.5 MOA on my 6.8 with 120 grain out to 500 yards.

Reactions: Sigma
Ty all for replying. I think I'm going to go with the primary arms 1-8 raptor 308.... that is the closest to a red dot, which is what I wanted and reticle doesn't get to busy

Check out the new bushnell forge 1-8 34mm tube on ebay. Non clustered reticle and has an illuminated dot.

Buy a better used one, for the same price

i don’t know if 4x is enough for you but you can get Trijicon Accupowers second hand for around that price. They are very good values and a very forgiving wide FOV on 1x