• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Magazines for M1A

rbaker2081

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
There is so many dadgum 20rd mags to choose from. I really need some help on what brand is good that are not to much money?
I just bought two 20rd National brand magazines and wondered thoughts on those?

Re: Best Magazines for M1A

Thanks guys, after searching the net today I had a feeling that was coming about CMI. And I just wasted the money on the MWG national mags.

Dump 'em, run CMI, and call it good. If you happen to have REAL surplus USGI mags, those are fine also - the problem is it can be hard to tell which are authentic and which are just cheap ripoffs. If you go through 44mag.com, you know you're good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check Mate Industries (CMI) from 44Mag.com </div></div>

+1 I have used 44mag in the past and they have top notch customer service!!!

Midwest industries also sell's CMI M14 mags. There $5 more though.

Ironic how the new CMI mags are made in New York State but can't be sold here because we're a hi-cap restricted state...

Thats where I bought all mine too. I think it was free shipping over $200 too.

What about the T57 mags? I have read alot of good stuff about those as well along with the CMI mags.

It's pretty much accepted that any T57 mags you find these days are fake/counterfeit. See:

http://www.billricca.com/myths.htm

Lee Emerson (Different on the M14 forums) also has a guide to identifying M14 magazines you should be able to find. The answer is pretty much always the same - get CMI, and resist the urge to save a couple of dollars per magazine; it's just not worth it.