• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Best Military Sniper Movie.

Re: Best Military Sniper Movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sigster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enemy at the gate was a good movie. </div></div>

+1...great movie

SHOOTER was also a good watch
JARHEADS wasn't too bad for an attempt to be a Scout Sniper
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN had an excellent marksman no one can forget

hopefully more to come...

A sniper movie that I've been trying to pin down,something about a sniper team in Bosnian involved a little girl brought in a live generade ,blowing up one of the sniper,as they were doing some R and R. Shooter,Enemy at the Gate ,Shot through the heart,are some of my favorites,only a real sniper could made a good sniper movie,all the little items is would counts,even some of these movies have parts that are a little weird!Germino Apache movie is good.

Savior with Stellan Skarsgård is the one merc that is blown up by the little girl in Bosnia.

Sabotage , is the film about an Seal sniper team in Bosnia, and one of the coolest 50 rifles put in film later in the film .

They need to make a movie called "Whitefeather" and make it 3 hours long, purely based off of Carlos Hathcock from childhood to death. That would be an awesome movie!

Dave

Reactions: RackSqueezeBang

Specific sniper movies:
1. Enemy at the Gates
2. Shot Through the Heart

And there were many others that included sniper action, as has been pointed out, examples of which are "Savior", "Saving Pvt Ryan", "UH60 Down", "B.O.B", "The Day of the Jackal" (not the Bruce Willis one, although that one was OK), and others.

Savior is one of the best and disturbing films i have ever seen. As a frined of me that served in Kosovo with NATO he said that the Film was the best portraiying of the war down there and reality was even worse. Its a grim reality and a wake up film for war romantics.

In Bosnia there was a lady commanding a paramillitary outfit and she was nick named dSniper Queen or Sniper Wolf, it was one of them. She was brutal and merciless, shots lots people, i wonder what made her become a sniper and that would be a film worth making.

Another friend of me was in a town as part of UN when they came in and they had been a ragged tagged outfit, she was filthy and dirty and her mind wasn`t with her, the war had brutalised her. She apperaed to be a stunning girl under that war torn outer , and it was only after they gave her some norwegian magazines , lady magazines gossip and celebrity ones that they saw a hint of feminity and the young girl that was her .

I would like to see the Hathcock film and it should be 3 hours + a very good and long documentary and also a good study of the rifles, ascopes and ammo from those times and now .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: northshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I agree, the Hathcock part is not necessary, but a remake or 4th movie the way you describe would be great. It would be nice to see a movie about the Canadian Sniper, Rob Furlong, who made the 2450m kill shot in Operation Anaconda as well. </div></div>

I'd like that too, but it shouldn't be just THAT event. Making a movie for that one event doesn't do the man any justice in my opinion.

It's like going to Hooter's and not ordering any wings. Sure your eyes will be getting fed, but in the end you'll be empty on the inside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eugen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see the Hathcock film and it should be 3 hours + a very good and long documentary and also a good study of the rifles, ascopes and ammo from those times and now .
</div></div>

It would take a special kind to sit for three hours and watch a HW movie talk about guns, bullets, scopes, an killin`.

Enemy at the Gate! +1 Very good and factual probably for the time. Shooter was a dissapointment since they took a hachet to the book version.
I'd like to see someone do a mini series off the book Unintended Consequences. That'd be a movie!!

The best part of Shooter lies in the special features...
wink.gif

Shooter is good except for the the rifle he uses in the begining,it has a Unertl or USO with mk4 rings, dont recall the Corps using mk4 but i could be wrong.Good movie i like to watch the part when he shoots the guy in the arm and blows it away with the Rem700p 300wm.

I was talking about Mark Wahlberg training up alittle for the movie.

They could've put it into the movie somehow.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eugen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Savior</span></span> is one of the best and disturbing films i have ever seen. As a frined of me that served in Kosovo with NATO he said that the Film was the best portraiying of the war down there and reality was even worse. Its a grim reality and a wake up film for war romantics.
</div></div>

Is this an international film or USA-- think FYE would be able to order it??? Anyone have details like what year it was made or a director, film maker company ro something that would make it easier to find ???

Don't waste your money renting "Sharpshooter". It was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SP308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eugen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Savior</span></span> is one of the best and disturbing films i have ever seen. As a frined of me that served in Kosovo with NATO he said that the Film was the best portraiying of the war down there and reality was even worse. Its a grim reality and a wake up film for war romantics.
</div></div>

Is this an international film or USA-- think FYE would be able to order it??? Anyone have details like what year it was made or a director, film maker company ro something that would make it easier to find ??? </div></div> Try CD Universal or Amazon...Ditto on the film,it will slap you in the face! Lots of improsive and adplate shit.

Didn't see <span style="font-style: italic">Savior</span>, but I did see most of the others, including <span style="font-style: italic">Shot Through The Heart</span>, which I take as reasonably true to the situation it tries to depict. I like <span style="font-style: italic">Shooter</span> for a generic representation of the shooting aspects.

I think the title <span style="font-style: italic">Sharpshooter</span> was applied as sucker bait. Under a different title, it wouldn't be so incongruous, and isn't such a terrible flic if all you're looking for is another action movie.

I like Snipes and Segal movies, dang me, for really nothing more than the action. Since it's Hollyweird anyway, it's not such a difficult task to suspend one's sense of disbelief and just enjoy the action.

If I were holding back waiting for complete authenticity, I wouldn't be watching very many movies; not even documentaries, would I?

Greg

I think shooter was by far the best I have seen. Never seen shot through the heart, but will have it.

As for enemy at the gates, I really didnt like it. The sex scene, was it me or did it look like he was raping her? I'll have to go back and watch it again, but it sure did.

Also in shooter, Donnys wife, was hotter than hot. That scene when she answered the door. You could almost see the ta ta's

I don't know, Donnie wife, although good looking, I thoughted she had no brains , maturity, or what to do,this kinds spoiled things. The first part was bitching, as well as the scence on the mountain,with his dog and guns! Yeah! Other than that, I 'll put it up in the top Five!

Zulu, no love and kisses just killing. You can do bad things with a monkey tail 45.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually... The best sniper movie ever made, I don't remember the name of it...

But it was set in Bosnia and based off a true story of the two members of the "Bosnian/Serb"<?> Olympics team that were on opposing sides during the conflict.

That was a very good movie...

Lee. </div></div>

I agree 100%.....what was the name of that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually... The best sniper movie ever made, I don't remember the name of it...

But it was set in Bosnia and based off a true story of the two members of the "Bosnian/Serb"<?> Olympics team that were on opposing sides during the conflict.

Lee. </div></div>

Check the first page of this thread...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Enemy at the Gates" was real good but I'll give a +1 to <span style="font-weight: bold">"Shot Through the Heart"</span> as well. I liked "Shooter" too, but the movies just can't compare to the books, and most sniper movies really leave you feeling let down. </div></div>

FYI, I picked up Enemy at the Gates in the $5 bin this week at Wal-Mart.

I too liked Shooter, but can not forgive them for leaving out the 10 Black Kings. Sorry Mod 70 fan. That, and I preferred Bob as a VN Vet. Since reading the book, I thought Clint Eastwood would have made a great “Bob the Nailer”. Maybe not for Point of Impact, but for A Time to Hunt.

Shooter
I don't remember seeing Enemy at the Gates so I'll have to see it.
The first Sniper movie.
I'll have to look for Savior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.Huckabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">enema at the gates</div></div>

That sounds like a horrible movie...
Enemy at the Gates on the other hand... pretty flippin' sweet.

Quigley Down Under, Shooter, Enemy at the gates(my favorite), Black hawk Down, Full metal jacket, Heartbrake ridge. Edit- And the first sniper movie. (if you have netflix you go online to Watch instantly* and watch it right on your computer)
Some are just war though. But those are my favorites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually... The best sniper movie ever made, I don't remember the name of it...

Lee. </div></div>

I agree 100%.....what was the name of that? </div></div>

shot through the heart....good movie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beers78n9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Panther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Shooter started out good...right up to the 2200yrd cold bore shot with a used bullet...then it got as hokey as Hitlary's/Obama's campaign speeches...

308Panther

</div></div>

In Shooter, they did not kill the Archbishop with a used bullet.
They took the bullet he used to shoot the can of stew in the
beginning and planted it as evidence. And I don't think anything
can compete with Hilary/Obama's speeches as far as hokiness
goes. They take the cake.

As for my pick, there obviously aren't enough movies about
Snipers. I like all the ones so far with Shooter probably being
my favorite. However there was a pretty cool sniper scene with
Brad Pitt as a Marine Scout Sniper in Vietnam in the movie Spy
Games with Robert Redford. </div></div>

As I love arguing improbable circumstances, the nasty crippled Russian dude did use a paper patched bullet extracted from the Dinty Moore Stew can (man, I'd love to have a scope like he used; able to see a Dinty Moore can at 2200 yards. I could use that to shoot paintballs at 1000 yards - I'll bet it was a Counter Sniper). Remember the scene with the weird nearsighted old dude showing them the book on paper patching? ("Things aren't always as they seem, are they, Gunny?). Swagger's CheyTac and <span style="font-style: italic">spent brass </span>were planted at the false firing point where Danny Chavez...shit, Glover and the other lame scripted black bag government baddies-used-to-demonstrate-our-evil-country used Swagger as a pigeon. I love how the guy sets the CT on the table, racks the bolt and conveniently ejects a spent piece of brass that just happened to be in the rifle after Swagger had "shortened the firing pin", then touches is with his fingers. Guess nobody dusts for prints. Plus the muzzle was supposed to be sticking out the window. It's no wonder these guys fucked the whole thing up. I'm more competent, and that's not saying much.

Plus, it's obvious the FBI agents in the movie never read the book, otherwise they would have checked the firing pin in the rifle while they had it in their chain of custody.
laugh.gif

And for the love of God, man, never, <span style="font-style: italic">ever</span> use the phrase "Marine Scout Sniper", the name "Brad Pitt", and the word "cool" in the same lifetime again. Ever. For the sake of decent real Marines out there.

Last, for your own sake, judging by the nose of some of the regulars here for mall ninjas or whatever, I'd learn the difference between "brass" and "bullet".

Just sayin', Pork.
wink.gif