• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Best Military Sniper Movie.

Re: Best Military Sniper Movie.

The Hurt Locker may not be the best movie but lets face it the sniper scene was the most realistic sniper scene ever. I would have to say the Hurt Locker is the best sniper movie! LOL

I hope that people know this is a joke and not to buy the movie.

If you liked the movie "Enemy at the Gates" the book is a million times better it's named "War of the Rats" and it is based on a true story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jgn8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you liked the movie "Enemy at the Gates" the book is a million times better it's named "War of the Rats" and it is based on a true story. </div></div>

I would have to say "Enemy at the Gates" also. Thnaks for the book name gonna have to read it.

That movie where nothing happens for two and half hours, except that the main character once shifts his weight from one side to the other because his leg gets a cramp.
wink.gif

Or, maybe that one where the guy puts the coffee pot on, calls room service for two eggs and toast, then pours a cup before resuming his post in the chair at the binos.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avatar locker.</div></div>Please: Everyone knows that it's called <span style="text-decoration: underline">The</span> Avatar Locker, and that the realism of the blue-man sniper scene rocks!
laugh.gif

Enemy at the gates hands down. +1 on War of the Rats book by David Robbins I enjoyed it quite a bit. Shot through the Heart is a close second, for those of you looking for this film I believe its offered on Netflix. You can also purchase it at Familyvideo.com for like 6 or 7 bucks i think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Avatar Locker at the Rat Gates</div></div>No, The Great Avatar Locker Shooter at the Rat Gates Caper was better. It was the sequel, and it was better because of the more realistic finger cutting-off scene.

just saw shot through the heart based on the recommendation of this thread. Fantastic film, surprised it hasn't won more mainstream acclaim it was amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Russ257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just saw shot through the heart based on the recommendation of this thread. Fantastic film, surprised it hasn't won more mainstream acclaim it was amazing. </div></div>

haha!
laugh.gif
I just watched this Sunday night! Got it off Netflix because of this thread. It is an excellent movie!

"The Office" on tv is all about the problem of former communist countries breaking down. The Shooter part is just a sideshow. The camera just follows.

shooter is the best but 28 weeks later with the snipers on the roofs shooting zombies with M24's, M21's, Mark 12 SPR, and M107/M82a2 was pretty good too.

Shooter was a joke.. 800 yard consecutive headshots on a jeep moving 40-50mph, and then taking down a helecopter with a barrett. And I love the 1000 yard one hole group at the fbi lab.

Enemy at the gates is a good one. I also liked Rambo (new one).

In rambo the sniper used a S&B with a non fictional reticle for the camera shot I really appreciated that. I hate the science fiction reticles like in sniper.

I would also imagine this is what a .50 bmg headshot would look like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shooter is the best but 28 weeks later with the snipers on the roofs shooting zombies with M24's, M21's, Mark 12 SPR, and M107/M82a2 was pretty good too.
</div></div>

good call 28 weeks was pretty cool. shooter was good just a little fetched, enemy at the gates was good and similar to the real story, no body said silent trigger yet, jk

Day of the Jackal is worth a look too...if disgruntled Frenc Army officers trying to kill de Gaulle count as Military?

Enemy at the Gates definitley gets a vote

Saw another "sniper" film on a plane once....about a USMC sniper in Kuwait/GW1 that never got to fire his weapon......can't remember what it was called...a less than avereage film but I remember I liked the M40A1!

Anyone mentioned Dirty Harry yet? yep....not Mil but I always liked the psychotic sniper character!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Day of the Jackal is worth a look too...if disgruntled Frenc Army officers trying to kill de Gaulle count as Military?

Enemy at the Gates definitley gets a vote

Saw another "sniper" film on a plane once....about a USMC sniper in Kuwait/GW1 that never got to fire his weapon......can't remember what it was called...a less than avereage film but I remember I liked the M40A1!

Anyone mentioned Dirty Harry yet? yep....not Mil but I always liked the psychotic sniper character!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I believe you're referring to "Jarhead". It stunk. Loaded with all the traditional, yet overused USMC cliches. Jaime Foxx tried to fit as many in per line as he possibly could.

Scorpio from (Dirty Harry) used a Winchester M70 in .30-06 if memory serves.

Jarhead...that's the one....as I say, only bit I remember was the M40A1 scene in training...oh yes....and the bit where he's shagging his girlfriend against the wall
laugh.gif
Rest was completely forgettable!

It might sound silly, but I actually enjoyed the one scene in "Smokin' Aces" were the chick startssmokin dudes from across the way.

I like Shooter and it has it's critiques, just one of the scenes that he was taking a pic of the engine to get the license plate, able to remember dopes and all the forces on a bullet but can't remember a license plate#?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M14MSgt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of rifle does the Slavik 'baddie' use in "Behind Enemy Lines"? </div></div>

SSG 3000, don't see too many of those around.

I realize that this is a book, not a movie, but if you have not read Unintended Consequences by John Ross you are missing a great book. When the BATF, with MP5's is going to arrest the guys hunting prairie dogs, well you can imagine the outcome.

The book would never be made into a movie, but it might be a fine
HBO type series!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jarhead...that's the one....as I say, only bit I remember was the M40A1 scene in training...oh yes....and the bit where he's shagging his girlfriend against the wall
laugh.gif
Rest was completely forgettable! </div></div> what about the part of the guys wife. Where she made a movie on deer hunter with the guy next door.

big_thunder...thanks man!...it's all coming back to me now.

Still think it was a piss poor "sniper" movie though!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.Huckabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">enema at the gates</div></div>

That sounds like a horrible movie...
Enemy at the Gates on the other hand... pretty flippin' sweet.</div></div>

I almost spilled my drink !!!!!!

I've always like "Sniper" the sequels were terrible.

"Shooter" was fun; what was up with the 3 head shots from a 22, delivered off hand at 200 yards standing in a row boat.

I just tried to watch "Savior" and found it awful; actually turned it off part way through. What's with the rifle barrel being tied off?

How about "Hitman" 4k head shot with a blazer; I gots to get me one of those! I still like the movie though.

For the most realistic I vote Enemy at the Gates
For pure entertainment I like Shooter, Sniper and Sniper 2

I just watched Sniper 3 last night, and it was just as cheesy as the others, however still entertaining. I always watch movies purely for the entertainment value, not necessarily to view any semblance of realism. Shooter, however, was pretty close, with the exception of parts of the Dinty Moore can scene.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's like going to Hooter's and not ordering any wings. Sure your eyes will be getting fed, but in the end you'll be empty on the inside. </div></div>

amazing!

Id have to go with Enemy at the Gates as well.

Shooter because it talked about how everything can affect a long range shot. Finally I saw a movie where the crosshairs have leads on the moving target and adjustments are made on the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Animal996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"Shooter" was fun; what was up with the 3 head shots from a 22, delivered off hand at 200 yards standing in a row boat.
</div></div> Great flick, but feel the same about the .22

<span style="font-weight: bold">-Best Sniper Movie-</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Modern:</span> Shooter

<span style="font-weight: bold">Historical:</span> Enemy At The Gates

<span style="font-weight: bold">-Best War Movie-</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Modern:</span> Black Hawk Down

<span style="font-weight: bold">Historical:</span> Saving Private Ryan

+1 to CK32's post.
that's exactly the way id rank them, and those categories are helpful distinctions as well. best overall for me probably goes to Enemy at the Gates - i guess i like history.

Not a sniper type movie, but sharp shooting...

Quigley Down Under
smile.gif
Love the 45-110 Sharps. My buddy has one NIB and has not shot it in the 13 yrs he's had it.

One of my favorite scenes for sharp shooting was in Lonesome Dove when Gus gut shoots the guy strutting like a chicken.

nice call on Quigley Down Under! thats my dad's favorite movie and its a good one. Didn't think it counted as a sniper movie so i didnt say anything, but glad you mentioned it, definitely some sharp shooting. i also have a friend that owns a Sharps 45-110. that thing is a beast, and the barrel weighs a ton!

I'm surprised everyone likes Enemy at the Gates; I thought it was an awful film...Sniper was ok but I prefered Day of the Jackal..

Opening scene of "Blood Diamond" Awesome sniper action. Maybe not very realistic but I loved it when the 50cal was pulled out.

Jeremy
New Zealand