• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Model RRS Tripod for Precision Shooting

Barn Side

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2012
I'm 6ft tall and looking for a tripod for precision shooting to be used with multiple calibres including 338 lap mag, just wondering what model would be best?

The TVC-33 or TVC-34 with leveling base. The only difference between the two is the 33 has 3 leg sections and the 34 has 4 leg sections. Each are rated for up to 50lbs.

I stand at 5'11" and use the TVC-33 as pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 37
As far as numbers go the TVC-33 and the TVC-34 are pretty close in popularity throughout the SOAR market. They both extend to about the same height +/- .5 inches (TVC-34 being .5 inch taller). The main difference comes with the pack-ability. The 34 will collapse 5 inches shorter than the 33 version.

If you want it easier to pack get the TVC-34, if you want the fastest setup possible go with the TVC-33.

Thanks for the replies I nearly forgot the levelling base.

So for someone with my height and intentions to use with a precision rifle the TA-3 Leveling Base, TVC 33 Tripod & BH 55 LR Ball head seems on the money.
Am I missing anything?

Is a center column available from RRS (I can’t find it on the website)?

Yes center columns are available if you would like one. Ill add the link below. You do not necessarily have to purchase both the BH-55 LR and the leveling base at the same time. You can purchase both and utilize them hand in hand together with a TH-DVTL-55. If you have 1 on 1 questions PM me and ill give you my contact info for work.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/TA-3-QC-Series-3-Quick-Column