• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Mount for Scope on a HK MR762

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
I finally purchased the scope I will be using with my HK MR762, a Vortex Razor HD II.

Now, which mount to use? I'm thinking I'd like to have the option of removing the scope if I want to run another kind of optic on it, and/or just irons for fun, so that means somekind of a QD style mount.

Please advise on the best and most reliable brand and type of mount I should be considering.

I will be shooting the rifle out to 1,000 yards occasionally.

Sphur is the best mount for any rifle!
And spoting scopes as well! I am sure he will come up with something else new so as well!

Razor 1-6? I'd go adm or borbo
3-18 or 4.5-27 the spuhr is great but not qd, and it heavy. (Or does spuhr make a qd setup?)

OK...I'm listening. Why are Spuhr's worth $500??

Honestly my background is aeronautical engineering and I don't think I could come up with a better mount system. It even has a system for leveling the scope in the mount. It may be a little heavier then other mounts but they is no compairison. You have so many options for attachment points as well.

he is making some QD mounts as well now however I am not sure they are available yet. If you go to there webpage it will show all his products.

your dealing with a very large and heavy rifle I wouldn't bother with weight. It is not like you will be shorting it off hand!

Good of luck with what ever you chose!

Spuhr, ADM, Bobro, or LaRue (I know, i know) for QD. If cost and weight doesn't matter, always go Spuhr. Heck, you can hang a microdot off the Spuhr mount. lol

Another vote for Spuhr

OK, thanks for the input guy. Obviously, since I've purchased the Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27, I'm not planning on running around shooting it Tactical Ninja style anytime soon.

I'll give the SPUHR a very serious look-see.

I have to admit I'm pretty nervous about getting the scope mounted properly.

I have the same rifle and I chose a TT 3-15 M in an ARC one piece 20moa mount. I am very pleased with the setup.

Regards,

Todd

Scope is a Tangent Theta 3-15 M. Mount is an American Rifle Company M10 QD-L one piece mount with 20moa can't.

Todd

Spuhr 4616...thank me later

Nik H

Could I trouble you with another question? Why did you recommend this specific model SPUHR mount for mounting a Vortex Razor HD II on my HK MR762? SPUHR offers a number of options, just curious if you recommended this specific model intentionally?

Here are the specs on my particular model with the MOA reticle and turrets

Magnification4.5-27 x
Objective Lens Diameter56 mm
Eye Relief3.7 inches
Field of View25.3-4.4 feet/100 yards
Tube Size34 mm
Turret StyleL-Tec
Adjustment Graduation1/4 MOA
Travel per Rotation25 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment71 MOA (See Features Tab)
Max Windage Adjustment34 MOA (See Features Tab)
Parallax Setting32 yards to infinity
Length14.4 inches
Weight48.5 ounces
Product Manual (PDF)Download
Product Manual 2 (PDF)Download
[h=2]Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 Dimensions[/h]
dim_rzr_g2_ffp.jpg

Lengths
L1L2L3L4L5L6
Heights
H1H2

The 4616 is a cantilevered design which allows you to push the optic a little further forward for better positioning on an AR10. It also comes with a built in 20 MOA cant so you get more usable travel from the optic's erector.

I do understand you said QD but I don't really need QD as every stick has a dedicated optic. I had this mount and a Khales 6-24 mounted on my MR762 when I owned that rifle. The mount and optic is now mounted on a different AR10.

Spurs are a lot of $$$ but having an MR762 is also a lot of $$$. The mount is built as well as the rifle. It exudes engineering quality and they are by far the best mounts I have ever used. All of my AR rifles use Spuhr

The 4616 would be an excellent choice. The Bobro would be an great choice for QD, and I know you have a heavier scope if you are looking for a lightweight mount the Nightforce would be something to look at.

When I set up rifles for example a DMR setup I like to do a fixed mount and offset 1 o'clock or 45 degree irons or a RMR or an micor sight. I find shooting this setup to be very natural and intuitive.

I really like the Sphur, but I am using a Nightforce unimount with my MR762.
c376b722fca441946fe44f533ddb2dde.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If quick-detach is the deciding factor then Bobro is the option you need to look at. Otherwise, the Spuhr is fantastic. Finally, since it is a fine piece of German engineering, you could take a look at Era-Tac/Recknagel mounts as well.

I am using the ADM Recon Cantilever Mount that I bought from Liberty Optics. I'm using the same mount on several of my 308 semis. Never had any problems with them.