• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Mounts/Rings for Rem 700 ADL w/Bushnell 4200

cdj588

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
I just got my first bolt action rifle a Remington 700 ADL and a Bushnell 4200 Elite now I am looking to get a good set of reings and mounts.

I dont really know how deep one needs to go into quality of rings and mounts all I know is the scope is 3-9x40mm so I can get the lowest rings possible. I was hoping someone could direct me to some good mounts and rings. Ive been told to get the Talley Lightweight Aluminum Scopemounts but I dont know if if I should get 1" or 30mm or if I should get the regular ones or the ones with the extended bases.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: Best Mounts/Rings for Rem 700 ADL w/Bushnell 4200

There are a zillion threads on rings so you should hit the search button. The size of the rings (1" vs 30mm) depends on the tube size of the scope. Most of the 4200, with the exception of the tactical versions, take 1" rings. Also the height of the rings depends on the size of the bell on the scope. Elites come anywhere from 30-50mms so you get low, med, or high based on the model of 4200 you have and the contour of the barrel. 40mm usually takes a Med ring but you may be able to get away with Lows on a 700. Extended bases are available for those that need to mount the scope either a little further forward or back.

My brother just picked up a 700 ADL in 308. We ordered a weaver one piece tactical base and will be using some old weaver rings I have laying around. His scope is a 2-10x44. I'm thinking medium rings are the ones we will probably be using but we might be able to get away with using low rings.

what would require me to need to mount the scope a little further forward or back? and how do I know if I it positioned forward or back? is that like a personal perference thing?

I'd go with the Talley ltwt's in the low version. 1".

I've got several sets of these and they are absolutely the best for a hunting rifle. Once you get the bases on, set the scope in the bases and start the screws on the rings. Don't tighten them all the way. Then lift the rifle up and look through it just as you would if you were shooting offhand. You'll need to level the scope best you can and move it front or back so the eye relief is where it needs to be. Tighten the rings a little - just barely snug so the scope won't move - and shoulder the rifle a few times to make sure the scope is where you want it. It's all a matter of personal preference, really. But you need to get the eye relief right so you have a full field of view.

When you get it exactly where you want it, tighten it up and get to the range to sight it in.

ive got a set of 2 piece 1" rings and bases, shoot me a pm, ill cut you a good price.