• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best movies

On the less comical notes, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, The Great Santorini, Iron Eagle were all ones I grew up on or have on repeat.

The Great Santini?

Surprised no one has mentioned The Longest Day.

Apocalypse Now
2001 A Space Odyssey
The Exorcist
Seven
The Usual Suspects
12 O'clock High
Glory
To Kill A Mocking Bird
Psycho

Big C's all time too movie list

• Casablanca
  • Training day
  • Master and commander
  • Gladiator
  • Jurassic park ( the score alone is worth it)
  • Amadeus
  • The prestige
  • Gangs of NY
  • There will be blood
  • Saving private Ryan
  • Thunderball
  • Backdoor hussies vol.3

Last edited:
Comedies:
About a boy - Hugh Grant plays a great asshole.
About Time - a little odd but super funny. A great movie, especially watching it as a father, or a son.
Bedazzled (the one with Brendan Fraser) - You will never be able to watch another sports interview without cracking up.

Action:
Man on Fire - RIP Tony Scott
The Kingdom - Peter Berg tells a good story
Lone Survivor - some hollywooded parts, but seems to capture most of Luttrell's book and his interviews

Suspense:
The Final Cut - great dramatic film from Robin Williams, don't want to give away the rest.
The Next Three Days (Russel Crowe) - really tense and different.

The Great Santini?

Surprised no one has mentioned The Longest Day.

Yes, Great Santini. Spellcheck or the wine got the best of me.

I’ll also throw out Taken and the Has Fallen series for mindless entertainment.

National Treasure and The Skulls, too, for a bit of historical fantasy. Guess I need to add Indiana Jones, as well.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
Killing Them Softly
Back to The Future(any)
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
Indiana Jones(any)

True Grit (John Wayne Version) “FILL YOUR HAND YOU SON OF A BITCH”

Casey’s Shadow. One few heard of or remember. The story of my life (yes we did get that one good horse and yes she did get us a lot of fame and a little money)

Second Hand Lion’s. “Yeah, they really lived”

The Highway Men. (Frank Hamer, a True American Hero)

The Crossing - The story of George Washington’s attack on Trenton (made for TV)

Band Of Brothers - no explanation necessary.

(that one good horse Brenda Kirste up, when I was young and foolish and wanted to train horses)
FEA6C488-4176-4A87-BB35-CAAA06703452.jpeg

Reactions: Tono
Really good stuff listed in this thread! A few off the top of my head.

Heartbreak Ridge
Spies like us
Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
Father of the bride
Caddy Shack
Uncle Buck

Reactions: Waco Kid
Too many to list. But my all time favorite is the Lord Of the Rings trilogy.
Second tier

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, the John Wick movies, Boondock Saints, the Samurai Trilogy, Goldfinger, the original Star Wars Trilogy, Tombstone, jaws, and the man with no name trilogy.

Blade Runner
Princess Bride
Pulp Fiction
So I Married an Axe Murder
Indian Jones (original three)
Original Star Wars Trilogy (before Lucas added all the digital crap)
Schindler's List
Jaws
Ex Machina
Rocky
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Big Trouble in Little China
Seven
Alien
Aliens
Kill Bill
Seven Samurai
Samurai Trilogy
Django Unchained
Inglourious Basterds
Back to the Future

Seriously? No Rambo first
Blood love?
And Rambo 5 just called Rambo was pretty good.
For cheesy fisty cuffs any thing Michael Jai White.

Forgot to add anything the Shaw brothers did.

Best movies? Hmm.
Valley Girl (ya, I know. I still like it)
The Man From Nowhere
The Professional
Die Hard
Miracle on 34th street
It's a Wonderful Life
Ratatouille
Mad Max (1st one)

There are quite a few others...

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Seriously? No Rambo first
Blood love?
And Rambo 5 just called Rambo was pretty good.
For cheesy fisty cuffs any thing Michael Jai White.
I should have added First Blood and Rambo. Gosh I love those movies. Love the Rambo series so much I bought the knives and not the cheap reproductions.
A199A90B-51D7-4AC0-B2F8-0E5B50E31EDC.jpeg
FE4735C5-E206-4DB6-9544-8550594A1C35.jpeg

First Blood & Lone Wolf McQuade was first showing at the time. I saw one & loved it.

The big paper in the area, The Lexington Herald Leader, prononced Herald Liberal, hated both of them. I knew right then I had to see the other as me & the Liberal have never been on the same page.

Loved it as well.

"Great, just great! "hot shit cop starts WW!!! over..... Vagrancy."

First Blood & Lone Wolf McQuade was first showing at the time. I saw one & loved it.

The big paper in the area, The Lexington Herald Leader, prononced Herald Liberal, hated both of them. I knew right then I had to see the other as me & the Liberal have never been on the same page.

Loved it as well.

"Great, just great! "hot shit cop starts WW!!! over..... Vagrancy."

The movies I like seldom with awards...but always seem to draw crowds. Wonder why that is?

I love that basically all of the guys on here watch the same shit in one way or another Hahahaha

Big Trouble in Little China
Predator
Pale Rider
Bloodsport
Rambo (All of Them)
Delta Force (All of Them)
They Live
Full Metal Jacket

I did enjoy "Unhinged" (Amazon) - Russell Crowe, a little campy in parts, but those people are out there.

I just had the chance the other day, to watch "The Great Raid"..... and I gotta say, that was QUITE the movie. Based on a true story.....

Any other words/thoughts I'll leave off, for now.

The Mechanic.

Not the stupid ass Jason Stathem remake, the original from 72 with Charlie Bronson.

My Cousin Vinny.
Can someone explain the Princess Bride love that seems worldwide? I have watched stuff like Caddyshack, Airplane, Blazing Saddles and the like about 689 times each, I have tried to watch princess Bride several times and can't watch for more than 10 minutes. I'll just say it ....its lame.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
The ghost and the darkness
Cinderella man
The patriot
Hunt for red October

Hunt for red October is a really good movie I love sub movies.I watched Hunter Killer for the first time and enjoyed it.

Dude is that an original Lile as in number 12? If so worth big bucks
No that would be a movie knife. Lile made 13 movie knives. They kept 1-6 and had the first row of raker teeth bead blasted like the rest of the knife. 7-13 were kept original. Mine is a very limited run that knife maker Andy Wood made years ago and this is number 12. Andy originally had the blessing of the Lile company and then they changed their minds and allowed Andy to still produce knives but he had to put his own name on the knife. Orginally they were all number. My FB2 knife is also an Andy Wood knife. These are made exactly like the originals. When I say exactly, I mean virtual carbon copies. Fantastic knife and knife maker. I have several knifes made by him. They are absolute bombproof. This is a movie knife next to one of Andy Woods knife. He is no longer making these but they are worth seeking out if you are a fan.
6443BEAB-D9FA-45E8-BD58-3DDAA56E9A3B.jpeg
F6663485-7D4B-4426-8675-F5E8947C7891.jpeg