• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best Multi Caliber Suppressor

Nelius88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2020
Hello members,
Im ready to purchase my first suppressor. Im looking for suggestions for the best make/models that are multi caliber to interchange between my 5.56 and 6.5 Creedmoor/.308. Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.

Good Afternoon Nelius. My first purchase was the Sandman by Dead Air. Ive been running it back and forth on 5.56 and my 6.5 and I love it. The lockup is solid and easy to take on and off. I have also only had a POI shift of -.1 on elevation and .1L on windage when i mount it on my AI. This may certainly differ for others but I was amazed of the minimal difference for me on that specific rifle in which it primarily lives on. I would recommend the S model if going between multi rifles and lengths as the L is great for sound but is rather long when putting it on shorter rifles. I hope this helps a little bit.

Good Afternoon Nelius. My first purchase was the Sandman by Dead Air. Ive been running it back and forth on 5.56 and my 6.5 and I love it. The lockup is solid and easy to take on and off. I have also only had a POI shift of -.1 on elevation and .1L on windage when i mount it on my AI. This may certainly differ for others but I was amazed of the minimal difference for me on that specific rifle in which it primarily lives on. I would recommend the S model if going between multi rifles and lengths as the L is great for sound but is rather long when putting it on shorter rifles. I hope this helps a little bit.
Yeah it will primarily stay on my 6.5 cm, I may put it on my .308 but not so much on the 5.56. I just want the option just in case. The Sandman seems to pretty popular, same with the Silencerco Omega.

I was really considering the SilencerCo Omega.
Do you know if any of these carry the serial number on the rim/collar as opposed to being on the actual suppressor for repair purposes. I saw a company has started to do that in case you need repairs or a replacement so you don't have to wait forever to purchase a new one and go through the process again. Sounds like the warranties are getting better these day.

I was really considering the SilencerCo Omega.

I have an Omega. 4 years now, zero issues. Somewhere around 4500 rounds of 223,6,6.5, and 308. Even ran some 300wm through it. Great can.

That said, unless you are looking for a blaster/full auto, look very hard at Thunderbeast. Their customer service is awesome. Yeah, it’s $200 more... but worth it.

Yeah it will primarily stay on my 6.5 cm, I may put it on my .308 but not so much on the 5.56. I just want the option just in case. The Sandman seems to pretty popular, same with the Silencerco Omega.

Its always a hard choice as there are so many great companies out there. When i bought mine I was really only using my 6.5 so I went with the L for the most sound reduction. It wasnt until i started to mount it on the shorter rifles, I realized how long it was lol. It would probably be a good idea to look at the various mount options as well for when using your rifle unsuppressed to see which you like the best. I run the brake on the comp 6.5 but the flash hiders on everything else.

I have an Omega. 4 years now, zero issues. Somewhere around 4500 rounds of 223,6,6.5, and 308. Even ran some 300wm through it. Great can.

That said, unless you are looking for a blaster/full auto, look very hard at Thunderbeast. Their customer service is awesome. Yeah, it’s $200 more... but worth it.
No rapid fire here, just want to put it on my bolt action 6.5 cm. I have an AR10 in .308 I may slip it on every now and then but not to abuse it.

No rapid fire here, just want to put it on my bolt action 6.5 cm. I have an AR10 in .308 I may slip it on every now and then but not to abuse it.

With that info, either will be perfect. I have used the Omega on bolt guns only for a while and I consider it a damn good can for precision shooting.

I've got a Silencerco Chimera and I love it. Mainly run it between my 223 and 6.5cm. I also bought a Switchback 22 at the same time like mentioned above which i highly recommend. So glad I bought them at the same time. It goes between a 17hmr and a 22lr. Wish I would of got a pistol can and I kinda want another 30cal can so I don't have to pull it on and off so much.

If you're only going to have one I personally would chose the Dead Air Nomad/Nomad-L if you want maximum suppression and are not worried about the length. Run keymo on your semi autos and area 419 mounts on bolt guns.

I really like TBAC and if your primary concern is precision bolt guns you would do well to look at the Ultra series. I have a 338 ultra in jail that will be primarily dedicated to a 300 PRC. My issues with TBAC in your role is no real QD option, and they do not use what has become industry standard 1 3/8 x 24 rear threads so the aftermarket options for mounting is pretty much limited to Area 419. The other issue with going with TBAC is what you want may be hard to find, and the sooner you get that first suppressor in jail the sooner your shooting suppressed.

This is all just my opinion so take that for what its worth.

Last edited:
There are many, many great cans out there now. The market has weeded out most of the low performers and the brands left are usually really good: I’ve seen some truly horrible cans made by small operations no longer in business long ago (thankfully they weren’t mine, but dang there were some hunks of workless metal getting sold by no-names a decade ago ).

I love my omega. Have Hybrid in jail, and likely will pickup a 30 cal thunderbeast or deadair next.

The mounting system would be part of the consideration, or if you will mix match mounting system/can manufacture. Also, chose a company with great customer service. I’ve blown up a can and it is a gut wenching feeling you don’t want made worse by worrying about a warranty.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Get the Thunderbeast. The Hybrid is tempting for being multi-cal but it's big and heavy. And, typically, things designed to work well for many functions rarely excel at any of them. The TBAC Ultras excel for bolt action rifles.

thunderbeast will be a favorite because they’re known for precision bolt rifle suppressors and that’s the kind of forum this is, and if that’s your application they’re the premier provider.
if you want to run on semi auto too, I’d vote dead air Nomad.
i think most the quality suppressors today with good mounting mechanisms (tapered) sll have pretty good repeatability of POI shift.

CGS Helios QD kit. Can be used on 5.56 all the way up to 338 Lapua/Norma Mag if the barrel threads, shoulder, and bore are confirmed concentric. It's also the only silencer that can completely change it's function from a normal really good silencer to a "flow bypass" type silencer just by removing/changing out the front cap. The kit comes with the Helios core, 1/2x28 direct thread mount, 5/8x24 direct thread mount, 1.375x24 QD mount, standard low profile front cap, vented low profile front cap, and a hook wrench for the QD adapter, all in a custom cut SKB hardcase. It's made of DMLS 718 Inconel, made for actual hard use and whatever you want to put it on that fits down the bore hole. It's more versatile than anything else and will last longer than anything else. It doesn't have the heat/pressure problems that traditional silencers have and it's a low backpressure design. Phil Dater metered it on an 8" Maxim Defense MDX in 7.62x39 as 133.1dB average at left ear and on a 10" MDX in 7.62x39 as 131.4dB average at left ear. Front and rear shoulders are tapered and all front/rear accessories are concentric to the bore by default due to the manufacturing process.

The direct thread mounts that come with it both have built in flash hiders/linear compensators so you can use it as a standalone muzzle device is you wanted to. They also have a hex feature built into the front so in the very unlikely event that the direct thread mount stays on the barrel while the silencer comes unscrewed from the mount, you can easily remove the direct thread mount with a socket or wrench, particularly useful if that portion is tucked under a rail. The front caps have flash hiders built into the hex feature used for disassembly. The core is internally coated with S-Line which is a boron nitride coating applied via Dynamic Compound Deposition which prevents the build up of fouling in the silencer.

Last edited:
I've got a silencer Co omega and osprey. And then a beast of a thunderbeast 338 Sr. I love them all but the omega is my favorite. I'd look into their new 38m or whatver its called. Looks sweet! Some things to also consider is how the suppressor mounts to your barrel. Locking quick release is nice if you can mount a matching break on each of the barrels you intend to shoot from however I'd recommend picking up something with a direct thread option first. That way you can spin it directly to your threaded barrel and run with it. Also keep in mind if you're running your suppressor under a handguard you might night be able to get to the locking ring on a quick release. And get at least a can that can support a 308. A dedicated 6.5 can isn't that much quieter but limits shooting anything bigger. Also get a cool guy cover for it. When shooting from my bolt action and I have my scope magnification up these things get hot and the mirage from the suppressor jacks with my sight picture, a cover gives me a little bit more shooting time before you've got to let things cool.

Have an Omega too. Awesome can. Been using it on a .308, 5.56, and 300BO. Great suppression, versatile, and capable of full-auto. Do you need a can that is full-auto capable…no. But its nice to know you beat the hell out it, without worrying about damaging it. There is always something new and shiny coming out. The Omega had over 300 reviews on the Silencer Shop site before they had their little fallout with Silencerco. Now there is only 20 or so reviews on there. My point is, its a great can. Possibly one of the best selling cans in the US. I'd getting recommend the Omega 300. The Chimera 300 and Omega 36M both are not as effect as the Omega 300 on 5.66 to .308 platforms, according to the SilencerCo website. I have heard the Thunder Beast cans are great too. But I do not any experience with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: hseII
One downside of the Omega 300 is high back pressure. That only matters if you're going to run on semi-autos. That is where something like the Dead Air Nomad will perform similar to the Omega 300 on a bolt action, but have lower back pressure on a semi-auto for less gas blowback into your face.

Also might want to look at the new Omega 36M for more modularity, they claim in long configuration its very similar to Omega 300 on rifles.

I love my ultra 7 (so much that I have 2), but a more versatile can would be the trash panda if you're going to throw it on ARs, SBRs and stuff like that. The mount is a bit better as well. For bolt guns the ultra is dope.

Right now I like the nomad-l that fucker looks really quiet but I am pretty deep into key mo mounts.

Nowadays there isn’t nearly the mounting system restrictions that there were even 5 years ago, tons of adapters so you aren’t necessarily stuck with one companies cans. But do keep in mind that flash hider or break mounts add up to big $$$ when you need to outfit a dozen guns with them.

Be honest with your firing schedule my sandman is a great can but I don’t know why I thought “full auto belt fed phased plasma rifle 40w range rated” was important to me at the time.

If I had to narrow it down to 2 cans in today’s market I’d say a Nomad-30 or Ultra-7.

You might as well get a 22 rimfire can and a pistol can at the same time.

Interesting, now if someone could point me in the direction of a qd mounted suppressor that is capable of shooting 9mm and 6.5 cm.

My vote would be for the TBAC Dominus-SR. Titanium, full-auto rated and QD allow for a lot of potential applications. If you’re just planning to run this on bolt guns, then a TBAC Ultra 7/9. SiCo Omega is another good option. I ordered a Dominus-SR earlier this week for similar reasons.

My advice would be to get one that works for a plethora of calibers because as soon as you fire your first shot you will fall in love with it and want everything suppressed. For my first suppressor, I went with Lane Silencers & guns, the Scorpion Magnum. It will shoot anything from 338 Winchester Magnum down. I bought the full titanium version and it weighs less than a pound at 14.9 oz. Love it!

I’ve really been impressed with my Silencerco Hybrid. The versatility is great being able to run it as a pistol or rifle can, and in direct thread it’s had no impact on the accuracy of my precision guns. The ASR system is also nice to quickly switch between guns if that’s your thing.

Not advocating for this, but wanted to put it on your radar since you're interested in multi cal. This is about as multi cal as it gets.

https://enfieldriflecompany.com/

They ship three sets of baffles, so you can make it work with several different bore diameters. No clue how well it performs or if it will hold up to ATF scrutiny.

Not advocating for this, but wanted to put it on your radar since you're interested in multi cal. This is about as multi cal as it gets.

https://enfieldriflecompany.com/

They ship three sets of baffles, so you can make it work with several different bore diameters. No clue how well it performs or if it will hold up to ATF scrutiny.
I like the concept, not sure about real world performance however. The caliber designation is probably .22 and all parts are included in the silencer so no issues with ATF. I have asked Enfield for a demo but haven't heard anything back yet.

I like the concept, not sure about real world performance however. The caliber designation is probably .22 and all parts are included in the silencer so no issues with ATF. I have asked Enfield for a demo but haven't heard anything back yet.

Why would it be designated .22? With all the form 1 research I did I was under the impression you wanted to designate for the biggest caliber it would allow.

NFA Review recently dropped a video on this.

My DeadAir Sandman S has been phenomenal. I run it on my 300wm, 6.5x47, 6x47, AR15, and MK18 SBR. The interchangeable end caps are an excellent feature. The lock up on the muzzle device is extremely consistent. I’m getting barely any shift in POI. Even on my bolt guns. I’ve shot consecutive groups running the Sandman K then switching to my Thunderbeast direct thread 30P1 and had almost identical performance.

I honestly don’t use my 30P much anymore because the quick attach on the Sandman is more user friendly. It’s full auto and magnum rated with no barrel length restriction. What else can you ask for

Anyone have any experience with the Gemtech ONE? Mines in FFL jail right now but I liked the options it put forth. I dont have any experience for silencers though so im not sure how it stacks up against the other options.