• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best mussle brake for suppressor later

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
I want to get brakes that I can screw on my 308 medium weight barrels as well as my heavier barreled bolt guns so I only have to buy one suppressor for direct connect to teh brakes. These are all 30 cal, 308, 300 WSM, 300 WM.

#1 is this possible?

#2 what one should I get?

I love my surefire QD suppressor, .308 can and I used it on my .243, still use on .308, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 creedmoor ..they are a bit expensive. I have had no issues, I've only dealt with Surefire no other suppressor muzzle brake adaptor experience.

Take a look at Thunderbeast. They have a group buy going right now too.

+1. They are also one of the ones to beat for POI shift suppressed/unsuppressed, and their Ti cans are very lightweight, designed and made by serious long-range shooters, for shooters.

I think you are backwards in asking the question. The can should decide what brake to get, not the other way around. That said, I have a YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti and examples of both their fh and brake mounts. It is a quiet, consistent, light weight can that doesn't affect accuracy and has a dead nuts repeatable 2 minute downward POI shift on a 5.56 M4 and 1.25minute on my AAC-SD. The YHM suppressors also have no springs or moving parts on the actual suppressor. The ratchet is on the mount so when it wears out you can just get another mount for ~$65 instead of sending the can back to the manufacturer for repairs.

Last edited:
Another vote for Thunder beast. Have a brake on my 308 bolt gun and one on my AR in 556. Both of them are hosts for my 30BA

Tha can is only for the neighbors at the range, I am mostly deaf from 8 years of shooting Vulcan 20 mm cannons and 4 years of shooting 4 deuce mortars. I don't really care about the noise at all, just trying to demonstrate a few ( very few) manners towards my fellow shooters that still have functioning ear drums. Being an old bastard I do want some recoil reduction.

I think you are backwards in asking the question. The can should decide what brake to get, not the other way around. That said, I have a YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti and examples of both their fh and brake mounts. It is a quiet, consistent, light weight can that doesn't affect accuracy and has a dead nuts repeatable 2 minute downward POI shift on a 5.56 M4 and 1.25minute on my AAC-SD. The YHM suppressors also have no springs or moving parts on the actual suppressor. The ratchet is on the mount so when it wears out you can just get another mount for ~$65 instead of sending the can back to the manufacturer for repairs.

I foresee a Surefire SOCOM in your future. Still trying to save up for mine while I figure out where I'll be living post contracting.