• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best muzzle break for a .308 under $70

Porter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
i am looking for a muzzle brake for my new savage .308 and would like it to be under $70 i would like for it to be black, also when you get the higher dollar brakes what is the difference?

thanks

If you cannot get the badger FTE or accuracy international then buy a PRI.

PRI Muzzle Brake Quiet Control 5/8-24 Thread AR-10 LR-308 Steel Matte

Like the FTE it follows the directive to get the first baffle almost flush with the crown with plenty of bleeding all well patterned.
The hollands QD is another one but if the cost is key the PRI will do.

861836.jpg

Looks cool but never really noticed a need for a brake on a 308 unless you plan on running 190's or the like. But they do look cool.

I have 3 of ross's, all 3 were turned down to my barrel and shipped for $45. really hard to beat. they look good and perform with the higher dollar ones

I shoot 168gr and even though the recoil isn't enough to bother me, after 50 rounds or so and my shoulder starts to feel the beating. with a brake I can fire twice that and not even feel it the next day. some say man up but I don't care how big of a boy you think you are a 308 still kicks enough to tenderize your shoulder after several rounds.

Last edited: