• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best online store to purchase fastners of all kinds?

Ranger.RSA

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
I'm looking to purchase a few imperial thread machine screws and brass inserts in order to make a wind vane to take my WeatherFlow but finding small things like that in South Africa is generally a difficult task. What is the go to online store in the US where I can purchase one or two of each size I need? I've got a friend in Detroit for work and would like to have a parcel shipped to them.

Thanks.

McMaster Carr is definitely top of my list. Fastenal can probably get it, but McMaster probably has it in stock and normally when I buy from McMaster, I have my items the next day and I only pay for ground shipping.

McMaster Carr has what i need but seems you have to buy packs of 10 or more, no individual units.

I use McMaster Carr, Grainger, and Fastenal regularly for work, McMaster Carr is the best, Fastenal and Grainger are tied up, although you can sometimes get good pricing through Fastenal if you call a local branch and talk to them, not that it matters in the OP's situation. Sometimes I just cruise the McMaster Carr website looking for cool shit that I might be able to use.

Grainger is another source... needed an o ring for a CNG tank
I needed just one..
They had a 50 pack for $1.78 including tax

So we all use a few stores-
Price
Local availability
In stock
Etc

Amazon and eBay are good too- you just are subject to questionable parts at times- real vs. fake

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/content/homepage
They have an app too

the best part about McMaster is they have 3D models of all of their hardware.....which is fantastic when you are designing.....because all you have to do is export your Bill of Materials to excel, and you have a list with all the Mcmaster PNs and quantity for all your shit.

Reactions: MONGO
McMaster Carr hands down. I can order until late afternoon and have next morning. Used to also order from MSC but drifted away from them years ago for some reason I can't remember.