• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best optics for new Ambush Firearms for predator's

codep

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
Georgia
Well I figured I would give it a shot here I just got the new Ambush firearms (Daniel Defense) 6.8 spc with 1-10 twist and I am looking to top it with some glass that will not keep me from getting a fast target acquisition, any help would be appreciated.

By the way I am a newby here my first post!

And if you are in the service or have been in the past THANK YOU for what you have done and are doing!

http://ambushfirearms.com/
I thought that I would add a link so you could see what I am working with, I am one of their new field pro staff members and want to top it off with some good optice and though that I would ask the pro's

Cpl. Turley
Houston County Sheriff's Dept.

Re: Best optics for new Ambush Firearms for predator's

Aimpoint 2moa if you are doing close in work...

1-4 if you are doing close medium range work...

2.5-10 if you are going out to 500+

thank you Jason_B we are usually 100-200 yd shots in this area of the south!

ACOG no bout a doubt it.

TA33 or TA11

my sn3, I even do lay-a-way
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...122#Post2631122

I agree with RF. I personally like the TA31F. I have a bias though, I was issued one in 06 and purchased one for myself. For me it's a great all around optic, for me. I highly recommend trying one out, you might find it to be just what you need/want.

-I see TA31's going for $750-$800 on this forum quite often.

Well as soon as I get my post count up I hope to trade my rem 700 vls 223 for some good stuff. Thanks every one for taking the time to post some info

S&B short dot or maybe a USO sn4

Thanks Shibby I am taking all this good info in, my plan is to trade my rem 700 vls 26 inch bull barrel 223 for something good.

You mentioned speed and a few hundred yards. While not a supreme paper puncher, a magnified red dot works great at the Camp Perry pop-up range. Also take time to learn how well YOUR head can see both eyes open thru a magnified scope. Everybody varies a bit here, usually 2-4x being the max. But being able to find a target with both eyes and then focus on the reticle detail is mighty handy.

I got the Ambush as well. I will be strictly using mine for hunting. Ive mounted it with a Pentax 4x12x40 and their Red dot sight as well. I have a question for you though. What ammo are you using?? Mine will only allow SSA ammo through it. They are a tactical spec-ii load. I tried using Hornady Vmax 110 and it would not fire. Contacted DD/Ambush and was told to use Spec-II. That solved the problem for me.

Dude....get off this site...no one cares about you wanting to kill some "Yotes" with your toys....this is a site for real hunters...not vermin exterminators like you....

wink.gif