• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best pellet rifle for woodpecker

1713874202587.png

I have problems with woodpeckers eating my peaches, they will ruin every peach on the line in short order, I put up fake owls and Hawkes, that works for a while , I have some very powerful PCP airguns ,but they peach trees face my neighbors house ,so I use my most least powerful one , a Benjamin marauder pistol 22 cal with a carbine stock and 2x7 power scope. And a aftermarket moderator, very accurate and whisper quite, neighbors never know I'm shooting with it , they probably wouldn't care but why chance it.

Attachments

• 17138875531346346518525867227635.jpg
    17138875531346346518525867227635.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 20
I don't think a woodpecker can pull the trigger.
.177 is sufficient, a break action with integrated suppressor is reasonably quiet.

You never watched cartoons did ya.

While I understand the OPs predicament, a shovel or coyote will erase all evidence or at least make it look like an "accident"

This alleged *someone* was an idiot ?

I've shot bricks and bricks of them, never even a dud round.

I used to live in the big city and there was a norwegian rat infestation when I moved in....they would walk the electric wires.
Technique...
You wait till they have to go around a pole, it slows them down and gives you a decent enough backstop.
There is no longer a rat issue in that neighborhood :D
CB caps kick the ass of just about any pellet gun made.....you'll have to spend $1500 or so to get a better pellet gun than a CB cap 22.

BTW, I never said to get Aguila Colibri rounds, those suck and I could see one getting stuck in the bore.
Yeah, as I said, I have no experience to speak of, I believe I shot some many years ago in my very early teen years, but I don't recall them.
I did have a hankering for a CZ 457 and a suppressor to shoot them, but I'm too cheap for that.

All the “it’s illegal” type comments are fucking hilarious. Yall must be city folk, or suburbanites. Just do your best to turn a blind eye to us dirty law breakers. We do all kinds of other swarthy shit too like shooting squirrels when they knaw holes in the eves of the house, and shooting Blue Herrons off the pond that has been freshly stocked with catfish and crappie.
Swarthy shit, right on!

jus make sure its a white one....you'll be fine

This alleged *someone* was an idiot ?

I've shot bricks and bricks of them, never even a dud round.

I used to live in the big city and there was a norwegian rat infestation when I moved in....they would walk the electric wires.
Technique...
You wait till they have to go around a pole, it slows them down and gives you a decent enough backstop.
There is no longer a rat issue in that neighborhood :D
CB caps kick the ass of just about any pellet gun made.....you'll have to spend $1500 or so to get a better pellet gun than a CB cap 22.

BTW, I never said to get Aguila Colibri rounds, those suck and I could see one getting stuck in the bore.
I've shot a bunch of Aguila Colibri rounds out of my Marlin 880SQ. Accurate as hell at 10-15 yards and tip a squirrel backwards off the bird feeder. I've got an old Falcon Menace on it, scopes almost as big as the rifle. Lol. It's a lot quieter than my air rifle.

I've shot a bunch of Aguila Colibri rounds out of my Marlin 880SQ. Accurate as hell at 10-15 yards and tip a squirrel backwards off the bird feeder. I've got an old Falcon Menace on it, scopes almost as big as the rifle. Lol. It's a lot quieter than my air rifle.

thats a blast from the past. i owned one years ago. what a very surprising rifle in the sea of unimpressive offerings at the time.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I did my first small bore silhouette match with a Marlin 25n and a early 1970's Tasco scope. And I was happy with how I did. Not dead last, I even placed higher then some dude with patches all over his jacket and his name across his shoulders shooting some german rifle. And here I am with an old Marlin I got off the used rack. It is really a good shooting rifle let down by a bad trigger.

Outside of a nylon66 and AR that is the only "plastic" gun I own, its black plastic stock if just so bla to me. But after that showing I told myself I will never change a thing on the old girl.

The Nylon is fun to take to games as well. I just enjoy the old and odd too much.

Now for your pesting needs there is only one real solution:

"full auto"

A .50 cal. Is the obvious answer. You don’t even have to hit the bird. Just shoot in the general direction, and his little woodpecker ass will just explode.