• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Best place to buy barrels?

Re: Best place to bye barrels?

my gunsmith shop is just starting to take off good and i am getting a lot of requests for rifles and i hate telling my customers they have to wait 10 weeks or more for the barrel they want.

just want some place to go to find good brand name barrels....

Bugholes has quite a few barrels in stock, and Grizzly does too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: michael sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://bugholes.com/ </div></div>

Bugholes is the first place to look, and Bruno's is the second.

best place to say bye to a bbl is at your house when you sell it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best place to say bye to a bbl is at your house when you sell it. </div></div>

LOL!!! Sorry but its funny.

That is a great site. Never been in there before but they actually have quite a few in stock

If you are getting serious about this gunsmithing deal, figure out what you are most likely to need the most of in the next six months, and buy enough at once to keep you busy. The barrel guys would rather make a bunch of one type at once, rather than one or two each of whatever. Most of the good barrel makers are backlogged several months.

In fact, they don't make each to order. They are going to make X number of 308 in X twist, and not have to set up the machine again until those are done. If you do place orders for a bunch, plan ahead, it might be MONTHS until they make more of the same.

If Frank or one of the other barrel guys could chime in here, they likely have better advice yet.

If you haven't found one yet, here's another place most don't know about. Accuracy One, is owned by a guy named John Hoover. Very honest dude, and he sells them for $345.00. Best of luck.

Bugholes, 3GSS, Bruno's, Brownells, Midway, hmm theres some more but thats a start. I usually find what I am looking for without waiting by going through that order.... Its worth it to pay a bit more to get it now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best place to say bye to a bbl is at your house when you sell it. </div></div>

BTW Buy will get you a little further...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cth1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks all

That helped me out a lot because of all u helping me out the last few days i sold two complete rifle builds at me shop in the last 24 hours. </div></div>

Scary. Take your profits and invest in Rosetta Stone and a dictionary, please. Your posts are hard to reed
smile.gif

You see one you like, then realize you can't afford it or don't feel like waiting...then you just say "bye". Of course there is my prior comment regarding selling your barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cth1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my gunsmith shop is just starting to take off good and i am getting a lot of requests for rifles and i hate telling my customers they have to wait 10 weeks or more for the barrel they want.

just want some place to go to find good brand name barrels.... </div></div>

Depending on what barrels: Brownells. FOr rifles, I always stick with Kreiger

I have bought a lot from Brownells. The selection sucks but the price and delivery time are very good.

Benchmark had a post and said they are only 3-4 weeks out right now! They have a web sight call chris he will do you up.

Accuracy One in Tyrone, PA.

Stocks many good blanks. I just picked up a Bartlein from him a while back I couldn't find in stock anywhere else. Nice guy and quick shipping. He does a lot of benchrest stuff and was very helpful.

There are many others as well but they are the only I have had experience with so far.