• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best Place To Buy Optics

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
What is the best place to buy quality optics. I am looking for some good glass to mount on top of my Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lapua. The rings and mount is from Near Manufacturing. The rings are low. I was looking at the NF 3.5-15X50 Zero Stop Mil/Mil.

Re: Best Place To Buy Optics

I just ordered another NF from eurooptic.com today. Good guys and great service.....Shipped already to boot...

Lots of great vendors here.

My 2 personal favorites are Liberty Optics and Cameraland. May be some out there as good, but none are better.

I have only bought from Liberty Optics once but if there is something I am looking to purchase I would go to them first. Great company, great service, great prices. I know that they don't carry NF but they do have many other high end options. I would give them a look.

Plus Scott the owner is an active member / sponsor of SH.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For sale section on the hide. LOL</div></div>

That's where I found my S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For sale section on the hide. LOL </div></div>

Lol ^^^

That sounds like a really nice rifle
laugh.gif

I would give euro optics a call
dont 4-get the range report!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the best place to buy quality optics. I am looking for some good glass to mount on top of my Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lapua. The rings and mount is from Near Manufacturing. The rings are low. I was looking at the NF 3.5-15X50 Zero Stop Mil/Mil. </div></div>

Having just purchased a NF 3.5 15x56 from Alex last week I would echo sniperdude's recommendation. Euro Optics is as good as they get. The prices are competitive and the customer service is second to none. My scope was sent as soon as they received payment with all of the tracking info included. All of us use the internet quite a bit and it's rare to find someone as honest and professional as Alex is. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

How about best place to buy USO? All good with Alex but looks like he doesn't have USO...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rommel500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only bought from Liberty Optics once but if there is something I am looking to purchase I would go to them first. Great company, great service, great prices. I know that they don't carry NF but they do have many other high end options. I would give them a look.

Plus Scott the owner is an active member / sponsor of SH. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasVet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about best place to buy USO? All good with Alex but looks like he doesn't have USO... </div></div>

Buy USO from USO. You can customize a base scope to your liking on their website [url="http://www.usoptics.com"]www.usoptics.com[/url].

If not then the next best place would probably be pre-owned in the "optics and accessories for sale" section.

I have bought a lot of stuff from Scott at Liberty Optics, Chris at SWFA, USO and others. Folks have really strong opinions about preferences, but all have their plusses and minuses.

Right now, I would say that Scott's level of personal service wins out...and his price is usually very competitive.

I would call Scott at Liberty Optics, his service is excellent.

Liberty Optics is a great supporter of the Hide and its members. I would buy from any of the Hide sponsors first.

As I said before, Euro Optics has the best prices on NF, which I dont understand, since there are rules about the price points on NF scopes. Check with the vendors here to see if they can match prices.

Go with the guys who help us!!!

Here's my top three.
Keep in mind that I have moved up to top tier optics by horsetrading alone and I have not once been able to spend as much money with any of the great vendors here as I'd like (and I'm sure they would like too). That being said, each of my top three have treated me with the best customer service I have ever experienced in any section of the retail market (not just optics, shooting related or such, I mean of ANY section of the retail market!) The order they are in is chronological by my experience with them, the only way I could think of to fairly place them.

SWFA: Chris has an outstanding company, has a trade in program, carries good stuff and stands behind what he sells 100%. SWFA is no newcomer and continues to care about us. They've kept what I consider the BEST basic precision scope available around for years, and the SWFA SS has been the same price all that time too. I finally let go of my old MK416X, but will be keeping a SS16X if that tells you anything... Chris has gone WAY above and beyond for me more than once, and I am one happy customer.

Liberty Optics: Scott is amazing with CS, and has been a joy to deal with. In addition to personally taking care of me more than once, I personally feel Scott was instrumental in getting IOR (old country) and Valdada (stateside) in step with what precision shooters want. What IOR offer currently shows they've paid attention. Scott not the only input they've listened to, the "Flea scope" was a market-driven optic, but the SH 3-18 was a giant leap forward in their thinking.
Speaking of giant leaps, I think Scott showed Val by example what CS can be, and if anyone has dealt with IOR Valdada say 5+ years ago and recently you can attest to the transformation for the better there!

Chris and Scott have both helped this shooter get into way better glass than I could have imagined. Its great that they still do horsetrading in Texas and Montana!

And rounding out my top 3 would be USO themselves. JBW#3's company builds my favorite scope. I once naively asked John if he'd stand behind a scope I was trading for and if I recall correctly, the response was "it say's USO on it right? Of course I will!" You guys can have your japanese sterile labs with the surgical garb, and the Duetsche engineering industrial complex-I'll take folks in flipflops twisting together bombproof products myself.
Whenever I have needed something the boys in Brea have come through.
Other than the fact they're building scopes one at a time to order, when one considers USO's wait time a factor that isn't brought up alot is that in addition to paying customers, they are busy building scopes to match each of all those gift certificates I've seen at almost every bigger match I've been to!

If you're east of the Mighty Miss, I hear doc76251 is a great guy to get ahold of for all things USO too.

I'm sure I've typed less than I wanted to, but more than I should have......

My opinion-if you don't like it I'll glady refund what you paid me for it
wink.gif

Dammnit-I knew I was leaving someone out:

Mike at CS Tactical kicks ass as well! Hand delivered the one USO I paid for new, all the way from Cali to sunny AZ!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammnit-I knew I was leaving someone out:

Mike at CS Tactical kicks ass as well! Hand delivered the one USO I paid for new, all the way from Cali to sunny AZ! </div></div>

Thats customer service for ya.

There are plenty, Scott at Liberty Optics, Mike C at CS Tactical, Alex at Euro optics..

I just purchased a NF from Alex at Euro. He shipped it the "same day." However, he has not even debited my checking account yet. He has GREAT CS and knows his optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the best place to buy quality optics. I am looking for some good glass to mount on top of my Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lapua. The rings and mount is from Near Manufacturing. The rings are low. I was looking at the NF 3.5-15X50 Zero Stop Mil/Mil. </div></div>
for that particular scope, Euro Optics. Just about anything else, Liberty Optics.

This is simple. Take a look at the snipers hide vendors list, close your eyes and pick one. You will not be able to pick a "bad" one. They're all great companies that support the shooter and shooting community.

If you want my choice? Liberty Optics. Scott puts up with me, it's just that simple. Triad Tactical for gear.

Truthfully I think I've ordered something from everybody. I've never been disappointed.

CStactical without a doubt. They'll take care of you and value your buisness, as well as just being honest good guys.

I have had good experiences with both Liberty Optics and SWFA in the past. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Fellas,

Thanks for the mentions! That is pretty heady company.

We appreciate each and every one of you.

Today is the first day here all year that is sunny and will break 65 degrees, so pardon me if I take the afternoon off
grin.gif

Just got through with taxes,
frown.gif

Have a great weekend, and thanks again.

Scott

I had a great experience buying a NF and a 3200 from Mike at CS Tactical.

$.02
Tox

There are several great vendors here. I bought my scope from Scott and am happy.