• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best place to get a mcmillan online

unforgiven1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
im trying to figure up the cost of a rebuild im planning and wondering wherethe best place to buy a mcm a5 online is, as far as price goes. and yes i googled it and didnt come up with a definitive answer

Re: best place to get a mcmillan online

JW Precision. You can find them in the commercial for sale section here on the hide.

JW is not carrying McM at this time. Next best place, price wise, is probably 24 HourCampfire.

When I ordered my A5 direct from McM, it took almost 4 months. A month later I ordered a HTG through JW, it only took 2 weeks. I was pleasantly shocked.

-Steve

Bruno's shooting supply in Mesa, Az.

Ck out Mcm stock specials on thier website. Sometime they will have what you want for a stcck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JW is not carrying McM at this time. Next best place, price wise, is probably 24 HourCampfire.

When I ordered my A5 direct from McM, it took almost 4 months. A month later I ordered a HTG through JW, it only took 2 weeks. I was pleasantly shocked.

-Steve </div></div> i looked at 24hrcampfire and didnt find what i was looking for and jws site is not very user friendly. ill check out brunos in a lil bit but im guessing to get exactly what i want i may have to go thru mcmillan directly i was just hopin to save a few bucks as im already on a tight budget and im already saving for my next handgun purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rem700243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i looked at 24hrcampfire and didnt find what i was looking for and jws site is not very user friendly. </div></div>

Go to the online store, choose stocks, and fill in the form. Not to be rude, but how can they not have what you want? You can order anything McMillan offers. Then the wait begins…

With JWP not offering stocks, 24hour will probably be the place I go for a stock. I spoke briefly to one of their representatives and they gave me a good impression. They were taking over JW's cancelled orders.

Lonely is pretty much spot on with his reference to 24hourcampfire. They have complete build sheets for most, if not all, of McMillan's stocks. It is a custom build sheet, so it is blank and you gill in with options and preferences that you have. Go to there store, go to McMillan stocks and go from there. That is of course if that website is the direction you decide to go.

I'm guessing he was looking for an "on the shelf" solution, hence campfire isn't what he wanted. Bruno's and Third gen both keep some mcm stuff "in stock" in generally popular styles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bruno's shooting supply in Mesa, Az. </div></div>

These guys have many options in stock, give em a call and see what they have. I ordered an A3 last thurs and it arrived today. Couldnt be happier. Great people to work with.

Regards,
DT

As we understand it J W Precision is no longer in business. Since there are so many options available on our stocks almost no dealer carries a broad selection in stock. Gene Sears Shooting Supply probably carries the most tactical stocks "in stock", and Bruno's Shooting Supply also carries a few.

I was in Bruno's a couple of weeks ago looking for a stock. They only had a couple completed stocks. Most of what they had didn't have finished inletting or buttpads. I asked if there was any advantage to buying one of their stocks and sending it back to McMillan for finish work and they said it would probably take the same amount of time as if you just ordered a new one.

Bruno's also said that your wait time is also dependent on what type of stocks they are making at the time; i.e., if you want an HTG and they are making them next week, you will get it faster than an A5 that they may be molding next month.

As far as price goes, they are typically about 10% cheaper than straight from MCM. If you live in AZ, that basically covers tax.

I have a stock on order through 24hour campfire now. I ordered when JW stopped their special orders with McM. Their prices were roughly comparable before JW dropped out of the McM special order game.

As above, you are special ordering it (with the usual McM wait) so you can order anything you want. Put in your order and forget about it for four months.

Brunos does seem to have alot of in stock items, but alot of their in stock stocks are not inletted.

I've ordered a couple through Rick at 24hr Campfire. Great price, great communication if you have changes and both came in at the quoted 16 week time frame.

Call BJ at Gene Sears Shooting Supply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a stock on order through 24hour campfire now. I ordered when JW stopped their special orders with McM. Their prices were roughly comparable before JW dropped out of the McM special order game.

As above, you are special ordering it (with the usual McM wait) so you can order anything you want. Put in your order and forget about it for four months.

Brunos does seem to have alot of in stock items, but alot of their in stock stocks are not inletted. </div></div> ill have to look at there website again. the first time i didnt really like what i saw,btw im looking for a a-5 in dark woodland camo with the thumbwheel adjustments. thyanks for all the help fellas i appreciate it very much

I got mine today! Took 16 weeks direct from McM.

004de.jpg