• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Best place to get bolt fluted and knob changed

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
Gonna go ahead and have my bolt fluted and knob changed before I swap barrels. Was wondering who is recommended and does it at a reasonable price?

Bolt fluting services

Automated. Throw it in the cart, pay, ship, we send it back in a week or less. Thousands per year. YES, the prices are accurate. This is all done on a 2017 Haas VF2 fully loaded with all the latest silly stuff.

With the volume of these that we do and the fact that we have a dedicated spindle on the floor that does almost nothing else, the cost goes down considerably. Easy job...

Note, If you have M16 extractors, our programming is setup so that it will not invade the extractor pocket. IF you have aspirations of later adding an M16 extactor, TELL US so that we can do the fluting appropriately ahead of time. FWIW we also install those and we make our own extractors in house. They too are on the store.

Happy to help.

C.

1546271138260.png

1546271042901.png

1546271055595.png

1546271063155.png

1546271071549.png

Wow.....nice, honest work at a great price. I did notice that your service is not available to us Savage owners and that fluting of Savage bolts would be refused and fee/payment not refunded.

I'm curious about this...would you elaborate?

Thanks in Advance!

VooDoo

Wow.....nice, honest work at a great price. I did notice that your service is not available to us Savage owners and that fluting of Savage bolts would be refused and fee/payment not refunded.

I'm curious about this...would you elaborate?

Thanks in Advance!

VooDoo

My honest, no shit answer:

I have been jerked around by clients owning Savage products more than anyone else. Enough that I finally washed my hands of it. That is why I don't mess with them anymore. I just want the baby. Labor pains are fine, but reality TV shows are not.

That is why LRI does not support the product.

C.

Reactions: user
One of the joys of running my own business for 20 years was that I could identify potential "difficult" customers and refuse the play with them. I miss those days. Kudos to you, Sir, and the integrity and honesty with which you conduct your business.

VooDoo

Reactions: LRI
Bolt fluting services

Automated. Throw it in the cart, pay, ship, we send it back in a week or less. Thousands per year. YES, the prices are accurate. This is all done on a 2017 Haas VF2 fully loaded with all the latest silly stuff.

With the volume of these that we do and the fact that we have a dedicated spindle on the floor that does almost nothing else, the cost goes down considerably. Easy job...

Note, If you have M16 extractors, our programming is setup so that it will not invade the extractor pocket. IF you have aspirations of later adding an M16 extactor, TELL US so that we can do the fluting appropriately ahead of time. FWIW we also install those and we make our own extractors in house. They too are on the store.

Happy to help.

C.

View attachment 6994970

View attachment 6994966

View attachment 6994967

View attachment 6994968

View attachment 6994969
Hey Chad,

on a 700 LA in 300WM have a problem with the damn factory extractor not being reliable. Took it to Alaska for moose and it shit the bed. Would your M16 extractor install solve the problems with the factory c clip extractor on magnum long actions?

Thanks.

Karl at Kampfeld Customs does a fantastic work and has various fluted knobs, Great smith does fine work check out his web page, you name it he does it!

Hey Chad,

on a 700 LA in 300WM have a problem with the damn factory extractor not being reliable. Took it to Alaska for moose and it shit the bed. Would your M16 extractor install solve the problems with the factory c clip extractor on magnum long actions?

Thanks.

Yes.

Anymore, I just strong arm clients into having us do this whenever we have the issue surface. The factory one has always been plagued with a shitty attitude. :) They have plenty of purchase power and strength, but functionality (as you discovered) is hit or miss. The other issue is being able to service it. Get some dirt behind the leaf and your stuck. It's near impossible to clean back there and you really gotta have it sterile. The spring must have room to "swing" away from center so that the paw will slip over the case rim.

With the way we are doing them now (controlling everything, right down to making our own extrators in house), it takes the guess work out of it. No more having to keep an assortment of programs on file for brands x, y, and z. No more dickering around with glued in bushings either. Plus, the installation is fully automated and uses as the latest 3D intuitive probing options that Haas offers on the "Next Gen" control. (We bought another new machine just for this job and it's been great) It just simplifies, streamlines, and delivers a very predictable part.

Be happy to help and we'll only need it a couple days.

C.

I had a 700 and the extractor did not fix the issue the chamber was cut to deep? but I love the M-16 extractor, by Kampfeld custom and he does a fanstastic job on bolts with flutes knobs skelatizing the handle check it out on his web page!!!