• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best place to get MREs?

no shit there i was..... circa 1994.....6 months out from becoming a civilian. spent the previous 6 months drinking like a fish, chasing skirts, and just cutting loose after being on the clock pretty much constantly for the previous 3 years. all my money was spent on booze.
woke up one morning, and i think it was day 3 with no food-i would drink instead of eat. this morning i HAD to eat...but had spent all my cash the previous night at $2 pitcher night. the fridge was empty...but i had a "tuna and noodles" mre left in my ruck. i got it, crawled my hung over ass out to the curb in the shade and cut it open. took the first spoonful and put it in my mouth, chewed it, and tried to swallow it. i couldn't fucking do it. i ended up spitting it out, and dropping it right there in the gutter.

you guys enjoy your MREs.
Alcohol poisoning will do that.

I usually order these, you can buy pallets or boxes.

Meal Kit Supply
At $15 per MRE ?
Seriously ?
Yea, it's $180 per case of 12.....that's nuts.

Go buy a bunch of cans of tuna/chicken/corned beef and a bunch of sacks of dried beans and rice....hell, even some noodles.
You can easily get 4-5 meals for that $15 you're paying for 1.

Not having been in the military (other than military highschool and the mre's are probably better than what they fed us) I was feeling so left out of this wonderful experience. Then just minutes ago this popped up on my screen. Looks pretty good, I think I saw acorn squash. Might try an order for under $100.

On the freeze dried stuff, pay particular attention to the sodium content, especially if you are sensitive to it. If you're sweating a lot and drinking enough water, then probably not an issue. If you aren't that active or have high blood pressure, then beware. Mountain House is one of the worst in this regard. While I have an assortment of different mfg freeze dried food, I moved to nutrient survival just for a better product, not necessarily better taste.

On the freeze dried stuff, pay particular attention to the sodium content, especially if you are sensitive to it. If you're sweating a lot and drinking enough water, then probably not an issue. If you aren't that active or have high blood pressure, then beware. Mountain House is one of the worst in this regard. While I have an assortment of different mfg freeze dried food, I moved to nutrient survival just for a better product, not necessarily better taste.
Do they include Remy XO?

At $15 per MRE ?
Seriously ?
Yea, it's $180 per case of 12.....that's nuts.

Go buy a bunch of cans of tuna/chicken/corned beef and a bunch of sacks of dried beans and rice....hell, even some noodles.
You can easily get 4-5 meals for that $15 you're paying for 1.

They're sold out quite often, so I'd say you're in the minority.

I don't eat Tuna, that's basically women's food. In addition, the question was MRE's not canned goods.

These are MRE's, not canned goods.

They're sold out quite often, so I'd say you're in the minority.

I don't eat Tuna, that's basically women's food. In addition, the question was MRE's not canned goods.

These are MRE's, not canned goods.
So you find a mylar film package to be markedly different from a tin can.....even though the contents are usually the exact same.
Hmm, OK, whatever.

On the pricing...
Have you found common sense to be widespread these days ?
Yea, it's just like that.
People buy MRE's because it is *fashionable* not because it's a good product.
I know VERY well of what I speak since I have eaten more than my fair share of MRE's/C-RATS/K-RATS/etc.
Have you ?

Go buy more of that shit that someone is buying for 70-80 bucks a case and passing on the savings to you.
Right ?

People buy MRE's because it is *fashionable* not because it's a good product.
I know VERY well of what I speak since I have eaten more than my fair share of MRE's/C-RATS/K-RATS/etc.
Have you ?

No, people buy MRE's because they typically have a longer shelf life. Have you looked at the dates on a typical can? Have you seen the insides or tasted anything inside well after the date?

Yes, I've eaten more than my share of MRE's.

You need to learn to not care so much about how others exercise free will. Or is it FreeWillie?

You still don't seem to "get" that an MRE thread will, DAMN, have MRE's suggested. How in the fuck does that work?

Will there be anything else Bossman?

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
No, people buy MRE's because they typically have a longer shelf life. Have you looked at the dates on a typical can? Have you seen the insides or tasted anything inside well after the date?

Yes, I've eaten more than my share of MRE's.

You need to learn to not care so much about how others exercise free will. Or is it FreeWillie?

You still don't seem to "get" that an MRE thread will, DAMN, have MRE's suggested. How in the fuck does that work?

Will there be anything else Bossman?
Suggesting a MRE at $15 per is a fucking insult you child.

GET IT ?

Pot meet kettle. GET IT?

I didn't ask for your opinion. GET IT?

If you can't resist taking threads off into the woods with your fucking nonsense. Go back to BARFCOM where you slithered out from.

ETA: Before you go, I have a suggestion. Change whatever that bend over means to: "Poor AND Ignorant."

Last edited:
IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg

Reactions: RUTGERS95
How long is an mre good for if kept in ideal conditions?
And how do you identify a bad one? (Without the sickness and death)

And a side note about mountain house, green belly, other freeze dried meals, as well as homemade meals aka, they can be eaten without heat with the cold soak method. I’ve done it and it works ok. If ultralight packing leave the stoves altogether. Even take the Starbucks instant coffee and drink it cold.

Some granola bars my better half made on a recent backcountry trip. Amazing!
0F8225F5-4E32-4B1B-A37D-EBFC114B71C7.jpeg

My experience with MRE's (military and other) has been that they are an ok food source if you want something readily available that you can eat cold or cooked. How long they will actually remain good depends on how you store them. Ideal conditions they are likely to last up to 4 years. Most canned foods will last much longer when stored correctly. Canned fruit does not last as long as other foods for sure. I have eaten canned foods 15+ past best by date and they were all fine.

Reactions: Makinchips208
These don’t last as long as MH but they are much better. Much more protein as well.

I keep a few MH hunting but these are actually pretty good.