• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Places to Shoot 1,000+ in Western Washington?

Around here we call the guy that rides around drinking beer all day while chasing people out of where they should be a timber cruiser. AKA drunk security officer.

Also. He isn't always drunk, just sometimes on the weekends.
Lol

Yes. Sorry about that. But he was working on that pitcular project. Probably for the state?
Anyway you get the point 🙄
They cruise a potential sale, then it has to go through environmental studies. Then it goes to bid. Then the buyer has 2 years to log it. So it will probably be standing for a bit. Should make a better place to shoot when they’re done

They cruise a potential sale, then it has to go through environmental studies. Then it goes to bid. Then the buyer has 2 years to log it. So it will probably be standing for a bit. Should make a better place to shoot when they’re done
Where i shoot it is already a huge clear-cut but the timber sale is farther away and they need an access road to it .so that's what he was doing that day .

Anyway probably be good for at least a couple more years like you say.

If and when they log this area it will cut the distance down to maybe 200 to 300 yards because they'll build a road through it .

Reactions: nealm66
I’ve spent a fair amount of times trying to get past 1000 yards in Western WA on public land. Haven’t found anything that was safe. We go to the Ellensburg area and get out to 2000.
I live in western washington around mt st hellins i have spots all over the national forest i shoot 1000 out to 4000 yards very easy to find all over some spots as far as 6000 to 8800 yards

Reactions: mrtoyz and nealm66
I’m fairly close as well. Used to cut timber for PLS back before the owl up there.

Lots of opportunity in Eastern Washington.
66F833D9-F1C2-4B23-B37B-C7159FADF5AF.jpeg

From May 15-Oct 31st, shooting is only from sunrise to 10AM. Because of fire conditions

From May 15-Oct 31st, shooting is only from sunrise to 10AM. Because of fire conditions

Please provide your source in intel. Thx!

I'm in Western WA over on the peninsula(kitsap county) and AFAIK, there's very few places nearby where you can shoot beyond 200+yds. I've been tempted to go over to the eastern Olympics with a pack and ruck my rifle & steel plates to a ridge line and shoot across. But.....generally speaking, hikers are like ants in the Olympic's this time of year and bitch about rifle reports. Next thing you know, the police or Rangers are looking for you :sneaky:

I've never heard this before, and used to work for the DNR. When fire conditions (usually in August) are extreme, there may be a promulgated order or shutdown, but not as a general rule as far as I know.

Also the link below, I believe, only applies to State owned lands managed by the DNR.

Federal land restrictions, if applicable, are likely on a Forest by Forest basis.

Maybe the liberal scumbags on the coast came up with something like this to try and keep people from shooting but I have lived in eastern wa all my life and never herd anything like this, during fire season yes at times but don't think that's any kind of law. on a different note I have been wondering what ever happened to Steel Head have not seen him around for a while.

The Governors office? Hahahahaha! kidding feds, calm down.

Price Utah has a range and believe they are looking to expand out to 2250 I believe.
I hit the 1 mile milk jug shot 3rd shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. Great range and even better people