• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Precision Trigger

lencomatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
COS, CO
Looking for opinions on the best trigger for a precision semi auto rifle. I generally like around 1.5#'s in my bolt guns, I would like something with less take up and over travel.

Re: Best Precision Trigger

Single or 2stage? I LOVE the geissele hi speed match in my gun. It's 1st stage is at 2 lb and second at around 1.2 lbs. You take up the 2 lbs then break the 1.2 lbs essentially making it a 1.2lb trigger. Adjustable sear engagement and over travel.

What are you shooting - .223 or .308? To get the pull weight you want in .308 it will have to be 2-stage.

For either go with Geissele. I went with the high speed match in my guns and it is the best

I'm going to do a 6mm Creedmoor, I'm going to send the upper to GAP here pretty soon and then I'll need to get the lower completed. Its a Maten matched set.

Definately Geissele SSA or SSA-E. I have 3. One is in my MA-TEN. Cant wait until my 6.5 creedmoor barrel comes in.

Anything from Geissele. Go on their website and read the descriptions, then just pick what fits you best. Sounds to me like you would like a SSA-E or the High Speed Match.

Geissele, is there anything else? I have a high speed national match in my pof p308 and works awesome!

The Jard 1.5lb is amazing for the price.. just make sure to watch the vids on how to install it and use loctite on the screws.

I shoot both an SSA-E and a Jewell - both in AR .223 rifles. Both are extremely reliable and easy to control. If I get to the point of needing another AR (or figuring out how to justify another), I would get a second Jewell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E </div></div> 2nd this one ! no playing around and no set screws ......just oil and run!

Geisselle High Speed Match for me. Easy to install, easy to adjust. You may need to relieve the safety selector channel though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Jard 1.5lb is amazing for the price.. just make sure to watch the vids on how to install it and use loctite on the screws.</div></div>

I have a had one of these for a few months now and think it is a nice trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E </div></div> 2nd this one ! no playing around and no set screws ......just oil and run! </div></div>

SSA-E is pretty good too, $100 cheaper than the HS-Match, and you won't notice a difference unless you are shooting the 2 side by side. SSA-E is probably more reliable too since there are no screws to come loose.

But oh man, you only live once, and if you take the time to tune the HS-Match, it is heaven!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot both an SSA-E and a Jewell - both in AR .223 rifles. Both are extremely reliable and easy to control. If I get to the point of needing another AR (or figuring out how to justify another), I would get a second Jewell. </div></div>

Always wanted to try a Jewell for AR's. I have one on my Remington-700 tuned to 7-oz, and it is by far the cleanest breaking trigger ever. Even at 1.5lb, the break is still very nice and just as clean as 7.5. I have to say, it has the Gissele HS-Match beat.

I know it's comparing apples to oranges. One is a 2 stage designed for AR's, and the other is a single stage designed for a bolt action. However, if I were just to gauge the break and nothing else, Jewell wins handsdown. Both breaks like glass, but the Jewell breaks like extra brittle glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele High Speed Match.. Easily. </div></div>

^^^ this ^^^

SSA-E or SD-E for me. I have both and like both. I prefer a 2-stage in a precision rifle though so they might not be for you.

I have a Geissele SSA that came standard on my 7.62 OBR but the pull weight is a little more than I like. Personally I think I'm going to try a single stage trigger.

i have 2 geisseles, with no complaints at all. its the only semi auto trigger ill ever use

My vote is for JP Enterprise or Geisselle SSA-E.

I have a new AR build in the works with Mark at Short Action Customs and i am going to give the X-Treme a try. Ill post my feedback hopefully over the next few months, both when I first get it as well as after it gets a few hundred rounds through it without cleaning.

I have a pair of Xtremes and a pair of Geisseles and can say that operation and feel are very similar. I actually like the build quality of the trigger components more on the X-treme, but cannot fault the fact that the Geissele comes as a complete package with better instructions, tools, and oversize hardened pins that make for a very repeatable feeling trigger. Both the match version of the Geissele and the Xtreme are currently setup to break at 2 to 2.25 lbs total upon release of the second stage.

I like the Geissele and Wilson, but for a crisp single stage it's hard to beat a well-tuned JP. It beats most bolt gun triggers.

I prefer Geisselle super dynamic enhanced. It has a flat trigger shoe and lighter pull weight than the combat versions. Also there are no adjustments to mess with.

I'm using a JP in my LR-6.5 for long range shooting.

I have a JP, and Geisselle super dynamic enhanced running in my AR's....I ordered a CMC to see how it runs on antoher build...If i do not like it, back to a Geisselle super dynamic enhanced.

JS

I have Jards (1.5#) in my ar15 and my 260 dpms. I like them a lot. Very smooth pull and clean break.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RemOperator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timneys get my vote. Love em. </div></div>

X2