• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best price on Vortex Razor Gen 3 Mrad

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Like the title says. Ready to buy, I get they are on pre-order. Shoot me your best price via PM and I will leave deposit Tomorrow!! Thanks guys.

Yesterday I walked into Superior Pawn and Gun on Virginia Beach Bvld and was surprised to see that they had two in their display case. 2k was the price. I'm sure you could call them.

Like the title says. Ready to buy, I get they are on pre-order. Shoot me your best price via PM and I will leave deposit Tomorrow!! Thanks guys.
    Check Expert Voice. They do some shiesty crap with half of their inventory (30% discount of a 30% markup for their range finders... praying on the Marines i’m guessing). The other half, including the Huey, actually have noice discounts.

You need to be in one of their ‘groups’ to qualify. I qualify as a vet, but there are discounts for affiliates of brands (a friend of mine that worked for Troy got half off Vortex).

Its not like there are at least 4 threads a week asking where to buy vortex the cheapest and in everyone someone says call Scott.

Doug is probably half of them :)

Scalarworks had I think 2199, with their Leap QD mount
    Check Expert Voice. They do some shiesty crap with half of their inventory (30% discount of a 30% markup for their range finders... praying on the Marines i’m guessing). The other half, including the Huey, actually have noice discounts.

You need to be in one of their ‘groups’ to qualify. I qualify as a vet, but there are discounts for affiliates of brands (a friend of mine that worked for Troy got half off Vortex).
    [/QUOTE

Not to jack the thread or anything I figured I would just be resourceful. For those of you who own this scope how useable is it on 10X in terms of brightness and eye relief. I am considering trying one out, but only if it can run maxed out as well as my SWFA 10 X. I switch between the vortex huey and an SWFA 10x on one of my rifles and this looks good on paper. How does it shoot out to 500?

my only issue with the Razor3 @ 10 power is the fixed parallax. I remember reading here on SH by folks that understand why LVPOs use fixed parallax, but I don't recall the details other than it was a compromise and adding it would cause other qualities we all want in LVPOs to be diminished.

that being said, it's an amazing scope @ 10x. is it as good as a NF ATACR 4-16 at 10x? probably not, but given the rest of the package it's a stunning piece of engineering. mine is in a Scarlarworks (my first mount from them) and I'll definitely buy another when need arises. it certainly isn't the only great mount, but it's light and is well machined and has held up.

Blue Force Gear Pro shop in Pooler, Ga had two on the shelf last time I was there.

my only issue with the Razor3 @ 10 power is the fixed parallax. I remember reading here on SH by folks that understand why LVPOs use fixed parallax, but I don't recall the details other than it was a compromise and adding it would cause other qualities we all want in LVPOs to be diminished.

that being said, it's an amazing scope @ 10x. is it as good as a NF ATACR 4-16 at 10x? probably not, but given the rest of the package it's a stunning piece of engineering. mine is in a Scarlarworks (my first mount from them) and I'll definitely buy another when need arises. it certainly isn't the only great mount, but it's light and is well machined and has held up.
    Thank you for the reply.

Liberty Optics for anything Vortex.You will be happy with the price.

I picked one up for 1800 recently. Love it... Would love it more if the damn state didn't lockdown the range...

Reactions: Davess
    Not to jack the thread or anything I figured I would just be resourceful. For those of you who own this scope how useable is it on 10X in terms of brightness and eye relief. I am considering trying one out, but only if it can run maxed out as well as my SWFA 10 X. I switch between the vortex huey and an SWFA 10x on one of my rifles and this looks good on paper. How does it shoot out to 500?
    Using the MOA version at a 3gun competition last week, I made 1/1 first round hits at 460yds and 3/4 first round hits at 400yds... all on a timer with 55gr Wolf Gold out of my AR-15. I would have no qualms whatsoever about taking it to 500-600.

The fixed parallax isn't ideal, but is unlikely to be a real liability for the kind of shooting the Gen III is designed for.

Back on topic: the trick with the Gen III isn't finding one for a discount price, it's finding one IN STOCK at a discount price. :)