• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best pricing on AR15 kit

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
I have some stripped lowers and would like to buy a flattop kit to complete a rifle in 5.56 or 223. Any recommendations on where I might look for good pricing on this?

Re: Best pricing on AR15 kit

Try Model 1 Sales for starter. Rock River arms also sell a kit like you want. There are actually too many that do to list them all.

Del-ton sells kits that include everything except the stripped lower. And you can customize it from the factory...

Shay

Your best bet is to get with RRA (Rock River Arms) or one of their many stocking dealers about a complete kit. RRA makes good quality products and stands behind them. You can try direct from RRA, but you may run into a long wait-time due to backorders. If not RRA direct, the try one of the following:

http://www.ar15sales.com/ - Legal Transfers, LLC (in addition to RRA, they alos sell Stag Arms complete kits minus a stripped lower for great prices)

http://www.rbprecision.com/ - RB Precision (they used to carry complete CAR A4 kits for $650 with a chrome-lined barrel)!

Also, if you can stand the environment, check out the Equipment Exchange on AR15.com. You'll be able to pick up everything you need over there for a good price.

Good luck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Del-ton sells kits that include everything except the stripped lower. And you can customize it from the factory...</div></div>
Del-Ton is GTG. They always promptly answer to question, and are honest about shipping times and stock information.
I'd steer clear of Model-1 Sales, as they don't even answer to email, <span style="text-decoration: underline">when you are trying to buy something</span>. Think about when/if you need post sale support.
PK-Firearms is another one GTG. Fast shipping and good prices.
ADCO is another very good place to shop (Steve is a great guy to talk with), although it has a narrower selection as far as simple parts.
Rainier Arms is another one which I was pleased to deal with.
There might be many others, but the above are the ones I had a direct experience with.

My last build the upper came from Del-Ton-I liked the fact that the custom features I added were much cheaper than if I bought separate and added later-See below:
Items Ordered: Price: Status:
1 of : 16" Mid-Length Custom Upper[16 Custom Upper -ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Heavy Barrel][Custom Upper -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier][16 Custom Upper -ML Handguards:YHM 4 Rail Light Weight Free Float Tube][Custom Upper -Gas Block:4 Rail Gas Block][Custom Upper -Flash Hider:phantom Flash Hider][Custom Upper -Upper:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks][Custom Upper -Charging Handle:None][Custom Upper -Carrying Handle:None]
$507.00 Shipped

Ive had good luck with my Black Thorn kit. the trigger sux but i figure for the price i could buy a rock river nation match trigger group and the gun would still be less than a model 1 kit.

as far as im concerned all of the cheap rifle kits out there are all the same, Their not perfect and ur gunnna have to spend a little money getting them the way you want them. Might as well buy the cheapest one you can find and make it run.

Black Thorn, as is one of the names Hesse had to use to continue to SCAM his customers?

Thanks, I checked out these sites and am going to follow up with some emails & calls this coming week.