• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best purse for concealed carry?

Rookie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2004
D/FW
I work put of town and after a scary situation my wife has decided to look for a way to carry her LC9S. What's your recommendation for a good brand/model to consider?

I build purses and holsters for a living. Won’t combine the two. Get her comfortable putting the pistol on her body. Recommend a good IWB. Too many women set their purse down and walk away from it (Restaurants etc…) bad habit. Purse snatcher grabs her purse and runs, now she’s defenseless and bad guy has her weapon. The reasons go on and on… I get that their wardrobe changes etc… not always conducive for CC… I’ve heard lots of excuses, but if you’re carrying, develop the right habits around that.

I build purses and holsters for a living. Won’t combine the two. Get her comfortable putting the pistol on her body. Recommend a good IWB. Too many women set their purse down and walk away from it (Restaurants etc…) bad habit. Purse snatcher grabs her purse and runs, now she’s defenseless and bad guy has her weapon. The reasons go on and on… I get that their wardrobe changes etc… not always conducive for CC… I’ve heard lots of excuses, but if you’re carrying, develop the right habits around that.
Good advice.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
"wife"......right ....

Doc
Made me laugh Doc!
IWB doesn't work so good with a dress!

Made me laugh Doc!

IWB doesn't work so good with a dress!
I flat out tell folks to Wear something else. You’re carrying a weapon. Style can still be achieved, but the responsibility of carrying a weapon should supersede selfish preferences. My 2c.

Pics of wife…

For science.

I like the VANSH or belly band type set ups for wearing light clothing and gym attire. I bet they would work with a dress. I would try but can’t seem to get into my old ladies dresses.

Try this. Women want to chose between a lot of purses. This fits whatever purse(s) they already have.

Reactions: UKDslayer
This is great advice except women... Good luck with that.

• Haha
Reactions: EddieNFL
1698024725220.jpeg

and get your case to play this song over and over

Reactions: Rookie
This is great advice except women... Good luck with that.
I’m about 50/50 after offering that advice. Some take it to heart, some go somewhere else. Right about the time we were starting our business on the leather goods side, a 2 or 3 year old kid reached in his moms CC purse and killed her in a local wal mart.freak thing… kinda. Again, one reason to be the only one with access to your firearm.

Reactions: Makinchips208
I’m about 50/50 after offering that advice. Some take it to heart, some go somewhere else. Right about the time we were starting our business on the leather goods side, a 2 or 3 year old kid reached in his moms CC purse and killed her in a local wal mart.freak thing… kinda. Again, one reason to be the only one with access to your firearm.
I agree with you 100% but we're talking wimmins.

Reactions: JJMoody
My wife carried in her purse for awhile, I always tried to get her to carry on body, then one day in the store she stepped away from the cart and I walked by, grabbed her purse out the cart and stepped around the end of the aisle.
She’s carried on body ever since. There is a shit load of options for women to carry on body, do some research, spend a little money and get what she’ll use.

This seems to work and is inexpensive::

Police find loaded gun hidden inside woman¿s genitals ...​

1698037492739.png
Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-2289634

Mar 7, 2013 — Christie Dawn Harris, 28, was arrested after after police in Ada, Oklahoma, searched her car and found meth, drug paraphernalia, a pistol, and ...

If y'all want to go as a couple this one for you:

Suspect Allegedly Smuggled 10-Inch Gun In His Rectum

1698037355987.png
KHQ.com
https://www.khq.com › news › suspect-allegedly-smuggl...

Jan 16, 2012 — 38 revolver from the jail cell of Michael Leon Ward, arrested Jan. 9, a statement from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office explains. They'd ...

• Haha
Reactions: M4orturnate
for the guys that say "but wimmins".... if you explain to her the reasons it is a horrible idea to carry in a purse, and she still wants to anyway, and you take any action to enable that horrible decision.....then YOU are the prolbem. you can "but wimmins" all you want, but the real problem is you lack a spine.

if they want to make that decision AFTER you have told them how horrible the idea is, let them proceed down that path with their effort. personally, i'd dump a bitch over something like this. the not listening to the voice of reason would be why. if they are that fucking stupid, they're too stupid to be in my life.

Wife showed me YouTube’r channel, She Equips Herself. Does an episode of how she Carrie’s in multiple outfits. Any the holsters for all of them. Ended up buying 5 holsters, but now wife can carry on her person.
no affiliation, I don’t get anything for recommending. Just giving ideas.

Reactions: myronman3
Women, even more so than men (but lots of men too), are not looking for a weapon. They are looking for a talisman. “Hey, I’ve got a gun. Bad things can’t happen to me now.” This is why they want it to confirm to their fashion, and not the other way around. It’s an accessory, like a necklace. And, if it’s a bother, just toss it in the purse, with the hair brush, and the lip gloss, and the hygiene products. Out of sight, out of mind.

If there really is a wife, sit her down and explain what she wants to carry. A gun must be both accessible and defensible. It is neither inside of a purse.

Again..the H&K P7 is an answer here to the 2-3 year old conundrum. Unless you lose possession, which has happened to some Utah & NJ female officers back when it was their duty weapon. Even so, more than one criminal couldn't figure out how to operate it.
There’s always a work around for something and relying on an off-chance that someone can or can’t get their weapon. Still thinking in terms of “overall best practices”. Whatever someone has can work with training, but as far as the op goes, I usually don’t see gals who carry the LC9s and pistols in that tier looking to spring for a squeeze-cocker. P-7(m8) etc is one of my all time favorites. Phenomenal pieces. Wish I could pick one up at 1980s LE trade-in prices…

On body is best, but if it hs to be in a purse, Coronado Leather makes nice ones. Not sure if it's all of them, but the last few my wife bought were USA made.

My wife won't carry on her person and she thinks holster/purse combos are ugly. I got a thin sheet of acrylic and taped a sheet of velcro to it and stuck a crossbreed velcro backed holster to the acrylic. Her gun rides high in the purse above the gun clogging crap she carries in the bottom of her bag and it is right there for when she decides to shoot me.

This is the best thing we have found. It even works with a dress. I believe it is faster and more consistent to pull a dress up to grab the gun than it is to dig in a purse. The enigma is always in the same location and secure. The purse is not always in the same location and frequently unsecured.

This is the truth. My wife had her gun stolen from her purse, which she left in a dressing room, not for long either.

Having a gun in the purse only actually even helps in certain situations, you need the gun on you.