• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best QD mount for the money?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
I have a larue and love it, but hate the price tag.

Any suggestions on what I should run on my SPR build? The scope will be a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32.

I run two ADM mounts on xlr stocks. They are solid and repeatable. They run about $150 each.

Well if you hate the price of the Larue you won't like the GDI, which is what I bought for my LMT MWS.

I got mine through US Optics. May not be the cheapest but it is built like a tank just like the rest of their products.

Good Luck,
Merritt

I have a few LaRue, but can't force myself to buy from them anymore. The ADM is next on my list and comes highly recommended from other shooters.

You will probably want the ADM Recon or ADM Recon 20 MOA, depending on the distance you're thinking about shooting. Primary arms is a great company to buy ADM mounts through.

The recon H is very high, like 1.9" centerline or something. Unless you are trying to clear a giant BUIS, you'll be fine w/ Recon.

Last edited:
How bout the Alamo Four Star mount? I think I'm gonna try one of those next, they seem solid. $279 on their site, but only $200 from Mile High Shooting.

Well the nf I'm getting will have the velocity bdc reticle, so I guess I don't need the 20 moa? Just get the recon?

If you aren't shooting over 800 yds and you are using the bdc reticle for most shots, run the Recon. Both would work, but the 20moa is unnecessary for the above applications. Save a few bucks.

How bout the Alamo Four Star mount? I think I'm gonna try one of those next, they seem solid. $279 on their site, but only $200 from Mile High Shooting.

I've read plenty that they hold great. My question is to what degree, if any, they leave ring marks?