• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best quad railfor m-4

jwesco

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2006
Long Beach Mississippi
I want a rail system for my m-4, ive looked at troy, daniel, and midwest industries. Im not really looking to spend the kind of money that a free float one costs but I still want quality. Any help on what would be the best deal for the money, and the highest quality would be much appericated.

Re: Best quad railfor m-4

I have KAC URX II on my Carbine. Its stout, a little on the heavy side. That being said I like it.
I have been entertaining the idea of getting the DD RIS II with the cutout for the front sight post, it would give me 12in of rail for my rifle.
And check out Seekin Precision rails, to say they are nice is an understatement. They are comfortable in the hand, and really lightweight. I think that Spikes Tactical is the only vendor that sells them though.

spike's tactical is as cheap and decent as you're going to get. rather creative rail if you wanna suppress your gun too.

I mean what im really trying to do is deck out my lil bushmaster but i cant find what im looking for, everyother web site i go to dosent have everything i want instock and shit like that, any suggestions on back up iron sight or anything likethat would be help full to

Are you keeping the factory Front Sight Base on the rifle or replacing with low profile gas block?

What length cas system do you have?

I have the yankee hill one piece on my RRA tact entry and for the most part I like it a lot. The only thing I dont like about and maybe they have changed it since 07 is the rail system really doesnt match up all that good to a A4 upper. Its held up pretty good and i havent been easy with it. I want to say I paid like 130 or so for it from snipercountrypx.combut i am sure other places are carring their products as well.

I got an Olympic Arms Firsh free floating quad rail that I want to sell cheap, its pretty basic but does the job, pm me if you interested.

YHM diamond series and MI T-series are both free floating and have continuous top rails.

they're both tough as nails and relatively inexpensive.

i used troy industry rails in the past, but the screws started to strip.

MI and DD make a drop in rail with a continous top rail. you can usually find a used KAC drop in rail for a hundred bucks if you look for them.

if you're interested in a KAC i might have one sitting around. i'd have to clean my bench/look for it.

as far as BUIS go, i'll only use GG&G MIAD's. they're small, sturdy, and work.

i am in the same search right now for my midlength.

I have pretty much decided on the DD Omega. 9" Mainly because of how simple the install and my ar10 has a DD lite 12"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am in the same search right now for my midlength.

I have pretty much decided on the DD Omega. 9" Mainly because of how simple the install and my ar10 has a DD lite 12" </div></div>
I have installed both and the Spikes is better and easier!
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-12-bar-rail-system-p-448.html

I went with a Troy. For the money it is the best. It's rock solid, and it uses your existing barrel nut.

P1020312.jpg

Quad rails are dumb if you are not using all the rail, there are better options. I just built this upper myself. DD receiver, DD barrel, Apex Machining tube. You can put rails only where you need them, less weight and more user friendly.

DSCN0049.jpg

While I agree that quad rails are extra weight (ounces) if you do not need them, the OP mentioned that he wanted to keep the factory FSP; unfortunately, Apex does not offer an extended carbine model that can accommodate a factory FSP, other than their side wrap around design.

Go with whatever suits your needs the best.

Monty (centurion arms) is coming out with some really cool rails right now, ar10 coming soon. using stock barrel nut

burrowed pics from stickman (sorry stick if your on here)
Stck_2649-1024-Stick.jpg

Stck_2818-1024-Stick.jpg

P104054.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with a Troy. For the money it is the best. It's rock solid, and it uses your existing barrel nut.

P1020312.jpg
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">This rail is very easy to install also.</span>

I use Kac on my rifles. I don't really know that one rail is better than another. I would look at all the options available. then narrow down the manufacturers that have the options you want. There are alot of different options out there now. Just goto web sites and look at what they offer, draw up a list and go from there. I chose KAC because that is what I had available at the time and I think they make nice stuff.

I'm also running a Troy on my Spikes Tactical ( pre Sekins rail), I had Mid West Ind. on an old Bushmaster and they are good rails and as well. I trust Spikes equpitment.

I have a Knights RAS on my Bushmaster carbine. Got the standard military package new for $150 on eBay (rail, covers, case, front grip). Also picked up a new MaTech BUIS for $60. Works great with an Aimpoint CompM2.

I know there are a lot of boutique parts out there that are nicer than what I've mentioned, but if you shop smart, I don't think you'll get better quality for the price. As a bonus, it's all been combat proven.

I went with the Danial Defence ez7 for my bushmaster carbine. They are usally in stock at Primary Arms. Fit was really good and solid.

I know alot of people aren't too happy with ML but I have a Larue on one of mine and love it. These rails have the QD swivel pockets on both sides of the rail and this is a very lo pro set up. I've got YHMs on my kid's AR and have the RRA on my first. Those are stout free floating rails but I have some small hands for a guy. The Larue works great for me personally. YMMV

My two favorites are the ML and the DD lite.
It's a toss up in quality, there're both made exceptionally well.
Only downside to the DD lite, is that you need a specially made wrench to install it, so that's another $12 on top of the price.

have DD m4 on my midlength and love it. before it i had a surefire two-piece, it was a disaster. sent it back after two weeks, it started rotating and stripping itself, was factory installed on an RRA upper. plus the surefire rail height didn't match the height of the upper receiver. weird...