• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best - Quiet 223 ammo

stan462

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Las Vegas
I am looking for any suggestion on the best ammo for a Colt Commando with a YHM can. I am looking for quiet and not necessarily sub-sonic ammo which is very expensive and do not cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Best - Quiet 223 ammo

I might be wrong but isnt anything supersonic going to sound the same? PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might be wrong but isnt anything supersonic going to sound the same? PG</div></div>

Yes-it all sounds the same out of a suppressor if it breaks the sound barrier in my limited experience

You can always load up some sub-sonic loads if quiet is what you are seeking. I do that for my 308's all the time. I just know that the effectiveness of the rounds against large animals is very limited to almost unusable due to the lack of expansion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its supersonic you will hear the crack of breaking the sound barrier but are you trying to decrease the sound at your position.</div></div>
I was looking for maybe there might be some rounds that might have a lower crack than others.

This will be for agency SWAT so no reloads...

I think you want to load the heaviest you can at sub sonic speed unless long range is important. If supersonic is needed it is my opinion that suppressors are more impressive loaded hot as is safe, it seems they collect the gas and all sound the same no matter the power once supersonic. Just MHO. PG