• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best/recommended muzzle brake for 6.5 creedmore (PRS matches)

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,
I have a AI AXMC and just got a new 6.5 creedmore barrel (5/8 x 24) for the rifle. Idea is to participate in PRS matches. Can some of the experienced shooters recommend a good muzzle break. I am flexible with budget,

thanks for the assistance

Not a super experienced shooter but I have had good luck with my Area419 HellFire so do several friends of mine.

I’ve had great experiences with:

Gen2 APA LB
Area 419 Hellfire
JP
Seekins ATC
Badger Ordnance
MPA

I tried a VG6 Gamma brake on one of my 6.5 CM’s, and it was surprisingly effective too.

Reactions: harry_x1
I like my Gen 2 Fat Bastard on my 6.5cm. Loud but very effective.

The best way to spell it is Creedmoor. Anyone with a brake on a 6.5 is a VC. Anyone that stands still with a brake on a 6.5 is a well disciplined VC. Ain't war hell?

I just purchased my 3rd area 419 hellfire. I do plan on switching between that and a suppressor. That is why I choose the hellfire. Otherwise there are a few brakes that are ok that would be on the list to try. But in all honesty the few I would try would be no better at mitigating recoil and I would not have the advantage of quick change.

I have a follow up question that's related.
I am taking a long range intro class in six weeks. I will be on a line with other shooters. I would like a good 6.5 Creedmoor brake that won't make my classmates hate me. Is there an option that is still a pretty good brake but doesn't blast the guys next to me too badly?

Brakes fucking suck prone on a firing line. They just do. Not only are they loud as fuck, they throw shit everywhere, and god forbid its somewhere dusty blowing shit into your action. That is the worst! I carry a rag in my bag to throw over my action specifically for this, because I'd rather not have to break out the Ronson Fuel for a single stage, but I have had to.

I find that the flat style brakes, like the Badger https://www.badgerordnance.com/muzzle-devices.html (but there are dozzens of others), are far less annoying and obnoxious than the ones that angle back. Those are the fucking worst, and of the worst the Little Bastard seems to be the worst of the worst. Don't know what it is, but I swear it's louder and blows more shit at your squadmates than anything else. They work, but at what cost?

APA_lil_bastard_800x.jpeg

Be a mensch. Get a can. You will not only get thanks from everyone you're squaded with, you will thank yourself.

APA Lil' Bastard Gen 3. Self-timing, ease of installation, and customization make it really amazing.

Also, don't worry about what other guys on the line think about your brake; guarantee they didn't think about you when they bought their brakes. Get the most effective brake that you can, which right now, is either the APA or Area419.

Also, don't worry about what other guys on the line think about your brake; guarantee they didn't think about you when they bought their brakes...
I thought of you when I (didn't) buy my brake, and went with a suppressor. ❤

Brakes fucking suck prone on a firing line. They just do. Not only are they loud as fuck, they throw shit everywhere, and god forbid its somewhere dusty blowing shit into your action. That is the worst! I carry a rag in my bag to throw over my action specifically for this, because I'd rather not have to break out the Ronson Fuel for a single stage, but I have had to.

I find that the flat style brakes, like the Badger https://www.badgerordnance.com/muzzle-devices.html (but there are dozzens of others), are far less annoying and obnoxious than the ones that angle back. Those are the fucking worst, and of the worst the Little Bastard seems to be the worst of the worst. Don't know what it is, but I swear it's louder and blows more shit at your squadmates than anything else. They work, but at what cost?

APA_lil_bastard_800x.jpeg

Be a mensch. Get a can. You will not only get thanks from everyone you're squaded with, you will thank yourself.
Try the ACE break, it is not angled back so its more forgiving to shooter and others. I run one on my match gun and it has as much recoil reduction as the 419/APA, in fact, it replace a Little Bastard.