• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best reticle...

Opie98b

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2013
Alright guys. Best all-around extreme range reticle? Go!

H-37, even says extreme-range in the description!

[h=2]H37[/h]Ultra Long Range
The H37™ reticle is highly recommended for extreme-range shooters. Its central targeting grid is 4 mills higher in the field of view, allowing more grid to be used at increased magnification. Thus, the H37 can accommodate longer-range cartridges without requiring sloped bases. A rheostat controls illumination for twilight conditions.

I'm very fond of the P4F that I have in my S&B and have just grown to love it from many hours behind it.... However that being said the G2DMR and the EBR-2B look very attractive.

~Brett

"Best" is a subjective term. For some, a fine clean reticle like the P4F is the "best" reticle while for others something with finer subtends like the Klein or TMR is "best." Still others like some wind holdovers like the Gen2 XR or lots like the H-59. Finer subtends in a FFP makes a lot of sense for calling adjustments but not so much for milling if you're shooting ELR distances, though I suppose nothing is preventing you from trying? The "best reticle" for you is the one that's optimized for how you like to shoot ELR distances, which could be very different than someone else.

"Best" is a subjective term.

Phew! that's actually a big question, and yes subjective. Dogtown actually does a pretty good job on this one, well as best he can....lol just playing Dog!

If I was to answer it myself it would go like this.

1. Gen2XR, nice clean reticle with wind holdovers, great at hi magnification
2. Tremor02, a little busy but capable of milling down to .02 mils, great for wind calls, works really well with the Horus Kestrel.
3. P4F, super clean unobstructed sight picture and fine milling capabilities.

That said I don't mill stuff, but do wind holdovers all day long.

Lots of great replies, often overlooked the MP-8 or modified MP-8 dot by IOR. Nightforces MLR2 is another excellent reticle, Leupolds TMR is another great reticle IMHO. But my favorite reticle is the NH1 by Nathan Hunt, really well thought out reticle with excellent use able features.

c96-4.jpg