• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Return To Zero Mount?

Re: Best Return To Zero Mount?

send his mounts back, express your concerns/dissatisfaction, get a refund and move on......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Flynn said:
send his mounts back, express your concerns/dissatisfaction, get a refund and move on...... </div></div>

Which one on ARFCOM are you? The one on the left or right nut of ML? </div></div>

As we're both in Idaho, I would be happy to discuss this in person with you. PM me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Flynn said:
send his mounts back, express your concerns/dissatisfaction, get a refund and move on...... </div></div>

Which one on ARFCOM are you? The one on the left or right nut of ML? </div></div>

As we're both in Idaho, I would be happy to discuss this in person with you. PM me... </div></div>

So is this a thinly veiled threat or what?

It's not a "threat". I'm merely offering him the opportunity to insult me in person..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not a "threat". I'm merely offering him the opportunity to insult me in person.. </div></div>

206ii6c.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think there's anything wrong with the Larue mounts and they provide top notch customer service. With that said, I find the LT forums on arfcom annoying as hell, but that has more to do with the "pack" than it does with Mark, his staff, or his products.

The "pack" seems more interested in bottle openers and smelling Mark's farts, than they do real range results. Again, that isn't Mark's fault. </div></div>
Than you must choose to ignore Mark himself. He likes smelling his own farts but that does not seem to happen to much anymore with his head so far up his own ass. </div></div>
You talk like you found out he's been screwing your wife/gf. What's the beef? </div></div>
No he isn't into women so no problem there
smile.gif

He did call me an asshole does that count
smile.gif
maybe I deserved it but he has an ego the size of Texas and does not know when to shut up and build something better. Plus I have yet to know of anyone who has yet to say he has great CS why is it that everyone has had to use his CS? Are that many items really going back?

</div></div>

You called him an ass. He said "I'll call your ass and raise you one". At least he's holding back a bit. As to their CS, I've never spoken to anyone there that didn't treat me with the utmost respect and consideration. Always helpful, never unkind. Also, it's not that there's "that many items going back". In fact, I've rarely heard of an item being returned. Personally, I've put in dozens of orders over the years, and I've had many problems. Billing issues (e.g. credit card didn't go through, etc.), changing/canceling orders, inquiring about certain items, availability, etc. There's a lot more reasons to call a company than returns.

Also also, this is just my personal opinion, but having used all of the brands you've mentioned, I always thought LaRue was the only one that truly impressed me with build quality and warranty. You have to admit...their return policy is nothing short of great.

All of this aside, please, if you reply to me, treat me with the same respect I've shown you. I've done nothing wrong, and said nothing negative about you. Let's keep this civil.

[/quote]

You called him an ass. He said "I'll call your ass and raise you one". At least he's holding back a bit. As to their CS, I've never spoken to anyone there that didn't treat me with the utmost respect and consideration. Always helpful, never unkind. Also, it's not that there's "that many items going back". In fact, I've rarely heard of an item being returned. Personally, I've put in dozens of orders over the years, and I've had many problems. Billing issues (e.g. credit card didn't go through, etc.), changing/canceling orders, inquiring about certain items, availability, etc. There's a lot more reasons to call a company than returns.

Also also, this is just my personal opinion, but having used all of the brands you've mentioned, I always thought LaRue was the only one that truly impressed me with build quality and warranty. You have to admit...their return policy is nothing short of great.

All of this aside, please, if you reply to me, treat me with the same respect I've shown you. I've done nothing wrong, and said nothing negative about you. Let's keep this civil. [/quote]

You have been nice and have done nothing wrong. Great thing about the shooting sports is that there is so many products for everyones personal taste. They do have a great return policy. I just think ADM and BOBRO are better. JMHO And for your information don't trust all the edited e-mail BS over there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

All of this aside, please, if you reply to me, treat me with the same respect I've shown you. I've done nothing wrong, and said nothing negative about you. Let's keep this civil. [/quote]

You have been nice and have done nothing wrong. Great thing about the shooting sports is that there is so many products for everyones personal taste. They do have a great return policy. I just think ADM and BOBRO are better. JMHO And for your information don't trust all the edited e-mail BS over there. [/quote]

Well, I don't mean any disrespect, but if I were to side with him or you, I'd pick him. He's a very highly respected businessman who I've dealt with on numerous occasions. You, however...I know nothing about you.

No offense...it's just how it is.

Oh, and btw, did we see the actual e-mails, or are you "withholding evidence"?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">send his mounts back, express your concerns/dissatisfaction, get a refund and move on...... </div></div>

Agreed.

In the spirit of disclosure, I am proud to call Mark my friend. He has treated me very well over the years as well as being an extremely generous supporter of our military. A couple of years ago, Mark sent me boxes of LT shirts, hats and dillos to hand out at Walter Reed when I went to visit a wounded buddy of mine. To say that all of the soldiers were greatful for a couple of tokens of appreciation for their service and sacrifice would be an understatement. And as is typical of Mark's largess, he does it discretely, not expecting nor wanting public acclaim.

Now all of that said, I never stand between a man and his money. My LT mounts have worked flawlessly over the course of hundreds of mountings/dismountings. They have not marred my rails. If yours have failed (and I am not even saying they haven't), then take advantage of LT's "if you're not happy, we're not happy" guarantee and send them back.

Mark is proud of his product. It bears his name. I've seen the Internet arguments. I wish I had so little going on in my life to be wound up about Internet posts.

I am new here and came to this site to learn more about my new hobby, long distance shooting. Every LT post and every Tac Ops post, two rifles I like, eventually turn into the same old thing...bashing for the sake of doing it. I don't get it but it's seemingly above my paygrade to understand and frankly I don't want to know. When I saw the title of this thread, I knew where it was going to go. Sad.

Again, this site is full of great info. That should be enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: conndcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">send his mounts back, express your concerns/dissatisfaction, get a refund and move on...... </div></div>

Agreed.

In the spirit of disclosure, I am proud to call Mark my friend. He has treated me very well over the years as well as being an extremely generous supporter of our military. A couple of years ago, Mark sent me boxes of LT shirts, hats and dillos to hand out at Walter Reed when I went to visit a wounded buddy of mine. To say that all of the soldiers were greatful for a couple of tokens of appreciation for their service and sacrifice would be an understatement. And as is typical of Mark's largess, he does it discretely, not expecting nor wanting public acclaim.

Now all of that said, I never stand between a man and his money. My LT mounts have worked flawlessly over the course of hundreds of mountings/dismountings. They have not marred my rails. If yours have failed (and I am not even saying they haven't), then take advantage of LT's "if you're not happy, we're not happy" guarantee and send them back.

Mark is proud of his product. It bears his name. I've seen the Internet arguments. I wish I had so little going on in my life to be wound up about Internet posts.

I am new here and came to this site to learn more about my new hobby, long distance shooting. Every LT post and every Tac Ops post, two rifles I like, eventually turn into the same old thing...bashing for the sake of doing it. I don't get it but it's seemingly above my paygrade to understand and frankly I don't want to know. When I saw the title of this thread, I knew where it was going to go. Sad.

Again, this site is full of great info. That should be enough. </div></div>
Well said...........

In all fairness, post your email from him/to him in question so we can see the original and "unedited" version.

Ok, so which mount is less likely to come open from heavy use?

For example, going through brush and a branch pulling the lever open or catching on gear that you're wearing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so which mount is less likely to come open from heavy use?

For example, going through brush and a branch pulling the lever open or catching on gear that you're wearing? </div></div>
I don't think you have to worry about that from any of the mounts mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so which mount is less likely to come open from heavy use?

For example, going through brush and a branch pulling the lever open or catching on gear that you're wearing? </div></div>

That's where locking levers come in handy.

Ok first of all I will say that I have used the wrong language to express any issues I may have with LaRue mounts. I also should not have called Mark an Ass along with everything else that I said against him personally was wrong on many levels. I have explained the problems I found with his mounts and I don’t think I need to go over any of that again. I also think that fans of LaRue should not be contacting people and threatening them due to a difference on products. I know I accelerated the issues with some attacks that were childish and for this I should have acted like an adult and not resorted to mug slinging on such a pitiful level. Bright side is that Mark Larue could have messed up Valentine’s Day with his wife if he didn’t start his thread about me so it got him off the hook there &#61514;. Also I think that is great that he is doing things to help the Wounded Warriors Project, I think we all should be doing the same when it comes to those who have served and hurt in ways we will never know. I do think Mark needs to work on his web rants but again so do I. I should have started out my first post here on why the mounts I have used were good and what pluses and minuses they had. I do think those who made threats over such things should be held responsible and following their post from this site to ARFCOM shows who they are. I should not have made this a personal issue with Mark at all but it is what is now and there is nothing else to be done about it. Sorry to the person who started this thread for getting off subject, and yes even sorry to MR LaRue for taking his ass and raising it to the world, lol