• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best rifle scope for 1200 bucks?

Chris777

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2017
California
I would like to hear all your opinions on the best FFP rifle scope for 1200 bucks. Features, glass and repeatability.

Last edited:
I'm sure the athlon etr and others would be fine as well. I've used the dmr2 and razors, I'm pretty fond of them.

I'm guessing you would like a serious answer.
The Gen 1 5-20 Razor is typically available for 1300.
The Bushnell Elite DMR II is on sale at Camera Land and is impossible to beat for the price:

Reactions: Chris777
Sig Tango 6 4-24x50 IMO. I don't think there is a better deal out there, for what you get for 1200.

Used market

Cronus BTR
XTRIII

1200 probably isn't going to get you into a gen2 razor. More like 1500.

Reactions: Steel head
Sig Tango 6 4-24x50 IMO. I don't think there is a better deal out there, for what you get for 1200.

Used market

Cronus BTR
XTRIII

1200 probably isn't going to get you into a gen2 razor. More like 1500.
This.
DMR
Used Cronus or similar.
3x18 razors sometimes at that price
Gen 2 pst
XTR 2

I think the Cronus is the best value.

Probably the Bushnell DMR II sale thats going on right now

Can you not steal your wife or significant other's Corona Bucks check and double your budget?

Hmm... interesting topic.
I'm on the same boat... really debating between Razon Gen I or pony up some more cash and get Razor Gen II.

Athlon Midas tac 5-25 with money left over for arc m10 rings mkm machining level and throw lever. Does what my gen 2 razor does.

Best Scope for $1200? Just look and see whats on sale and go from there...there are many good scopes always on sale, so you prob can get a scope that is worth more for less if you do your homework right, IE, Opticsplanet has new 3x15 Steiner T5Xi's for $1469 on sale but they go for $2-2100 normally, pretty sure Cameraland has Steiner P4Xi's for like under a grand and those were over a grand for a while...when your working with a budget research for deals and prices are which to me is everything unless money is no object then that I cant speak of...

-Reagan

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Optika 6 3-18 vs the SWFA 3-15 for scopes under a grand?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Optika 6 3-18 vs the SWFA 3-15 for scopes under a grand?

Haven’t used the Optika but I have the SWFA 3-15 and would take Doug at Cameraland’s deal on the Bushnell 4.5-18 all day long over the SWFA 3-15. The Bushnell is a closer competitor to SWFA 5-20. So a major step up from the 3-15.

I like the SWFA 5x20 used , can find them on ebay and sample list for like $900 , though I never tried the DMR11 , so I cant answer which is better

Used Cronus BTR or DMR2 Pro

I bought two Cronus’s here in EE and a DMR2 Pro from the last GAP deal. Hard to beat for the money. I’d like to move up to a try alpha caliber scope but these have all the features I need.

For a little less the Bushnell LRTS are tough beat. They punch way above their weight in glass quantity and have solid mechanics. I have both 3-12 and 4.5-18 LRHS scopes and can’t justify replacing them either.

But you ended up with the lion’s share.

Amirite?
I see what ya did there...?

So we aren’t derailing the post...
I’m in a similar spot and went Razor Gen 2. Couple pesos more than the $1200 but the px has been really good to me

I see what ya did there...?

So we aren’t derailing the post...
I’m in a similar spot and went Razor Gen 2. Couple pesos more than the $1200 but the px has been really good to me

2nd vote for this option. Used Gen II Razor would be a great buy. You'l probably need to kick in a couple more bucks but well worth it.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a cheaper option for a T1X. Thinking about calling Doug about the Midas Tac 5-25 or maybe the DMR II. How low does the parallax go on the bushy?

I'm in the same boat, looking for a cheaper option for a T1X. Thinking about calling Doug about the Midas Tac 5-25 or maybe the DMR II. How low does the parallax go on the bushy?
50 yards I believe