• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best SBR variable optic choices?

2nd Amend Guy

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
I'm new to the SH deal and need some suggestions.
I'm an AR fan and have a few nice weapons looking for a quality, preferably LPVO for a .556 10.5" Radian I just acquired. I also plan on picking up the 300BLK 9" upper for it soon. The plan is to use the weapons as an easy switch over. Home defence, fun shooting, truck gun, etc. I want a CQB-median range optic, again appreciate feedback, even straight red dots. I want something thats damn close to military grade (reminds me of when I was in the army 15+ yrs ago). I also have a few higher-end 14.5 AR and a 16", I'm hoping this Radian with the two cal options would be nice with a suppressor. I also have an APC9 that is a great weapon/truck gun with a small optic on there for 0-100+ meters, I like it, but was hoping for better quickness on aiming and follow up sho
Things that have crossed my mind;
NF nx8 1-8. or the ATACR.
A Razon 1-6 or 1-8.
Elcan.
VCOG.
Mark6 1-6
Even an MRO?
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions; remember cost is still important, but the quality is important too. Still have to order the can and a light....
If you have a gently used ones you would sell for a fair price, please let me know also.
Thanks,
Just PM me please:
Have a safe one!I've asked too many questions already, but regarding suppressors, I will be spending this year $ on this set-up, since I've got the money, I better just purchase it this week.
So far looking into:
Silencerco 36M
Surefire 300.
Thanks for the advice, oh and I also have a pinned .308 14.3 inch barrel that would be nice to use once in a while.

What is your top line budget for the LPVO?

Edit: have you had a chance to get behind any of your top optics you mentioned above?

Had a 1-6 Vortex HD on my 10.5" rifle for years. Still amazed by it and it's considered older tech... Have made repeatable hits with that scope and rifle combo out to 500 yards using hold overs. The optic is in the process of getting repurposed for a new project.

Also have the ATACR 8x, and wouldn't hesitate to try the Vortex HD 1-10. They are slighly more ideal due to the way the reticles work with illumination, and being FFP.

I'm new to the SH deal and need some suggestions.
I'm an AR fan and have a few nice weapons looking for a quality, preferably LPVO for a .556 10.5" Radian I just acquired. I also plan on picking up the 300BLK 9" upper for it soon. The plan is to use the weapons as an easy switch over. Home defence, fun shooting, truck gun, etc. I want a CQB-median range optic, again appreciate feedback, even straight red dots. I want something thats damn close to military grade (reminds me of when I was in the army 15+ yrs ago). I also have a few higher-end 14.5 AR and a 16", I'm hoping this Radian with the two cal options would be nice with a suppressor. I also have an APC9 that is a great weapon/truck gun with a small optic on there for 0-100+ meters, I like it, but was hoping for better quickness on aiming and follow up sho
Things that have crossed my mind;
NF nx8 1-8. or the ATACR.
A Razon 1-6 or 1-8.
Elcan.
VCOG.
Mark6 1-6
Even an MRO?
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions; remember cost is still important, but the quality is important too. Still have to order the can and a light....
If you have a gently used ones you would sell for a fair price, please let me know also.
Thanks,
Just PM me please:
Have a safe one!I've asked too many questions already, but regarding suppressors, I will be spending this year $ on this set-up, since I've got the money, I better just purchase it this week.
So far looking into:
Silencerco 36M
Surefire 300.
Thanks for the advice, oh and I also have a pinned .308 14.3 inch barrel that would be nice to use once in a while.
I ran across a smoking deal on a Steiner S432 this morning on Optics Planet. $300 - $400 less than other sites, including Amazon, plus I found a 10% coupon and free shipping. Pulled the trigger! Check it out, you can thank me later!

I have this and love it. Great quality Jap glass and a great reticle. Get a one piece QD mount (they will include an ADM for $140 more) and use it on your different uppers. Makes it easier to justify the cost and you won't regret not getting more mag down the road. The ACSS Raptor M2 is a great retivel as well if you want something a little less "busy".

I'd personally vote for a Razor 1-6 (MRAD) or Accupoint 1-6x (fiber optic reticle to taste), depending on how far you think you're going to be shooting and if you have an aversion to batteries or not. Remember that BDC reticles are not going to work well with a barrel that short.

The NX8 1-8x is nice on an 11.5" gun.

20190309_144758.jpg

I like a red dot on something like that. The nx8 does work great on 1x though.

For a 300blk don’t discount the Leupold 1.5-5 with the blackout reticle. You can shoot supers and subs with the reticle. Works better than you would imagine

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Would you call me please and lete ask a few questions? I just want male an informed decision and like the idea of using more informed peoples opinion. Thanks. 434-650-2405

I'm not sure I would post my personal phone# on a public searchable forum. Anyone with internet access can see that, not just our members.

Not that I'm bitching or anything. Just friendly advice.

Expect your robocall volume to go up a bit :)

I'm not sure I would post my personal phone# on a public searchable forum. Anyone with internet access can see that.

Not that I'm bitching or anything. Just friendly advice.

Expect your robocall volume to go up a bit :)
Thank you,. New to this just looking for an new rifle and optic but great advice. Thanks.

Any advice though?

I have a GRSC Norden Optics low power variable on one of my SBRs. I like it, its first focal plane and has a good useable bdc type reticle.

My other SBRs have red dot type sights, so the GRSC is the only one I have much experience with. It's fairly old in design, but still a good scope.

If you go with any of the lpvo brands recommended so far, you'll be happy.

Pick one thanks within your budget, and with the reticle you like.

Last edited: