• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best scope rings?

Sniper260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I'm out of the loop here... what is the best picatinny rail scope rings on the market?? Spuhr? Badger ordnance? Seekins?? 30mm up to 34 mm for a S&B...

I think you went with any of the name brands that you mentioned you should be fine. Are you looking for a basic ring set or rings that you can add accessories to?

My friends and myself have been running Jon Aadlands Three lug rings. They are big but they are precision and I am a big fan.

American Rifle Company is the only guy out there to totally re-think the way scope rings work, his stuff is top notch, every one of my scopes wears M10 rings, not a single ring mark or scuff on any of them.

Also to note, I was mounting a scope once, got distracted, and forgot to actually tighten the top clamp screw beyond just lightly finger tight. Went out and test fired and still fired a one hole group with it. Tightened them up when I realized it, went back out and zero did not change.

The clamping force of his rings are way above the standard design, and do not induce stress into the tube.

Seekins Precision have never let me down. 34mm 1" height for 56mm scopes and .92s work on 50mm. Unless you have an adjustable cheek piece I wouldn't go much higher than 1" if you want a good cheek weld and sight picture.

50mm with .92" on 20 MOA base Rem 700 action and M24/40 contour barrel
photo3.jpg

56mm with 1" on Surgeon 591(but same on Rem 700 and 20 MOA) and M24/40 contour barrel
DSCN1656.jpg

DSCN1657.jpg

Rings

Another TPS user. If you search the forum, you'll find tons of info on the matter. Torque every thing it is an important step.

Best, I don't know, my preference, Seekins......

Seekins are the only 30mm and 34mm rings and bases I've ever used. I torque them to the specs that Glen recommends.
I swapped out a bunch of scopes before I finally settled on turrets, reticles, and other features. I've never had a problem with any of the Seekins rings, and I've never had a Seekins ring put a single mark or blemish on a scope.
I'll use them as long as I can get them.

many good ring makers, seekins, tps, aadland etc
rings are important, but i think what the rings attach to, and what scope gets put in them is more important than what brand the rings are

Best is a matter of opinion and personal experience. I prefer barrett zero gap on my rifles, but I'm not saying they're the best. If you're looking for options and ideas, check them out.

many good ring makers, seekins, tps, aadland etc
rings are important, but i think what the rings attach to, and what scope gets put in them is more important than what brand the rings are

I am actually new to long range precision and was wondering the same thing...does it matter? I just bought a used rifle and a used scope and am in for $2k...I know some guys spend more than that on a scope...but then $150-$300 for rings. Yikes! Does it matter? I guess I will find out once everything arrives and I get it all put together.

Ken Ferrell makes rings and mounts that are art work-have then on two rifles, not cheap, but gooooood.

Nightforce ultralight are great to keep the weight down. Spuhr for being multi functional. GDI for QD. I also have some TPS and like their clamping method.

Lotta good recommendations here. But to ad a thought or two, ask yourself how hard do you really see yourself using your rifle? Meaning is it going to get beat on like a USMC M40 A3 or A5 in a full on combat situation. If so, then going all out on rings makes sense to a fair degree. But if not, & it's not going to be used in situations where lives are on the line, then stepping down a couple of notches from $300 rings/mounting systems is perfectly fine. And rings in the $60-$120 category tend to be pretty damned good anyway. I mean the Army uses Leupold Mark 4's, & the USMC uses Badgers. Both of which, while at the top of the aforementioned price range, obviously work well/are proven designs.

Also, on this forum, it's easy to get into a "gear race"... kinda' like the Cold War era Arms Race, where some guys just "HAVE" to have the latest high dollar new gadget & accessory. So it's easy to get caught up in such if one's not careful. I'm not trying to slam anyone for buying great gear, I'm just sayin... Besides, the money you save on Uber rings, can be spent on other important things. Like ammo for instance.

I agree with uncivilized. However if you are going to be removing a scope or moving it from rifle to another there is a bare minimim you can spend. I spend 140 on my aadlands (close to your top of 120 uncivilized) and I think they are the beat bang for the buck to me. Thing I wanted for my nicer scope.

Don't need lapping (after lapping burris xtrs i saw they were terrible in this regard)
Return to zero.
Constructed well enough that if i take em on and off a bunch I dont feel they are consumable.
looks right on my rifle.(Aadlands profile perfectly matchs my XLR chassis.)

The aadlands do all of these things for me without breaking the bank.. and the fact that Jon is an actual dude i can call and talk to and know he machined and designed them ia a big deal to me.

Smartphone post, probably typos

Night Force for my heavier scopes. Leupold for the rest. Having good rails helps too.

What is the point of having massive rings if the rail is held with a couple of tiny screw? Look at the hole package and just get it all match up with what you are going to do with it all.

Last edited:
After having quite a few sets, really like the smooth profile of Seekins.

American Rifle Company is the only guy out there to totally re-think the way scope rings work, his stuff is top notch, every one of my scopes wears M10 rings, not a single ring mark or scuff on any of them.

Also to note, I was mounting a scope once, got distracted, and forgot to actually tighten the top clamp screw beyond just lightly finger tight. Went out and test fired and still fired a one hole group with it. Tightened them up when I realized it, went back out and zero did not change.

The clamping force of his rings are way above the standard design, and do not induce stress into the tube.

I cannot believe you are the only one who replied American Rifle Company. Your statement was right on the money. The M10 American Rifle rings are the greatest rings out there.....Hands Down!!!!

I think I am going with the american rifle company rings... I like that design, and they have both single rings and a one piece ring set with 30 and 40 MOA built into the base... Perfect for my Grendel AR! Everything will match then for all my rifles. Thanks for the info!

Seriously you will be amazed at the American Rifle Rings. They are not cheap but you get your monies worth. Grendel will be very Happy!!!

I think you'll do well with any of the rings you have listed. I personally use Badger Ordnance rings and bases. They are top quality products. Every time I've had a random question, they've never let me down when I call them - so...good customer service too.

You couldn't make me part with my Spuhr mounts honestly. The AI dovetail and Picatinny versions are absolutely beasts. The downside: I have absolutely no real estate left for an on-tube level (Flatline Ops for instance). Luckily the Spuhr's have built-in levels, but I still prefer the tube-height fold-out level.