• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Scope?

Hooglebot

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
Australia
Just after some advice on good scope for .300WSM BA rifle. I am looking for something in the range of 6-20x56 or 8-32x56 thereabouts... preferably with illuminate mil dot reticle. Just after advice on order of quality between Leupold, Zeiss, Nightforce and Sightron... Then some advice on value for money out of these... Had been leaning towards Leupold Mark 4 LR/T.

Cheers

Re: Best Scope?

IMO delete this post and go Nightforce, if ya dont delete it wear a flame suit tomorrow.
nowadays it seems that "best scope" threads are started hourly...

Cheers Savage.

Flame suit good idea coz it's gonna be a hot topic... or I'm gonna get burned? :)

Was just after some advice from people who've used each... I know there are big differences in price between the 4 brands... just wanting to know if the price is justified compared to their quality.

Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 Illuminated 43 Reticle was the Zeiss I was thinking of :)

target shooter types generally like the 2nd focal plane reticles. Many BR guys use NF.

The Zeiss scope mentioned is a great one, but for the money I don't think you can beat the Nightforce 8-32X56 NXS with zero stops and reticle of your choice.

NXS 8-32's don't have zero stops unless it is a brand new feature

Thanks for the advice :)

I think I'm either gonna go with the:

Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25x50 M1 Illum. Ret.
or
Zeiss Victory Diavari Riflescopes 6-24x56 T* Illum. 43 Ret.
(Unless I win the Lottery... Then it will be the Hensoldt)

Keep your comments on these 2 scopes and/or recommendations coming.

Cheers guys :)

......please ......please......please......not again

will ask. HAve you taken the time to read up on these? HAve you taken the time to go see if you can look through these?

I'm hearing you... Have read up a bit on both, but mostly by people who are trying to sell a product and I don't believe there opinions can always be taken as gospel.

As for actually getting a chance to handle and look through both... I think that would give the best Idea, however trying to find a dealer (In Aus.) who stocks both (let alone either) is bloody difficult.

As such I was just hoping to hear some un-biased advice from people who may have used one if not both.

Cheers

Given the money you are talking about throwing down for some nice glass... Nightforce NXS 5.5x22-50mm is the one!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given the money you are talking about throwing down for some nice glass... Nightforce NXS 5.5x22-50mm is the one!!

DK </div></div>

That's why I sold my NF,to buy an inferior Zeiss.

Don't get hung up on magnification and forget about internal elevation travel. I wouldn't get a scope without around 80 MOA with a magnum. They can reach farther and need the travel. You don't need a ton of magnification as much as you need elevation.

what will you be using the scope for, is this a target rifle, hunting rifle, tactical competition? what ranges are you going to shoot?