• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Best Seb Rest For F Open?

Cardboard Assassin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2020
Canada
I'm looking to pickup a rest for F Class and the Seb Neo X or Seb Mini X look like the best fits.

The Neo X seems like the new hot thing with lots of features but it is heavy and expensive. By contrast the Mini X is lighter and cheaper but lacks some of the Neo features.

Looking for input from anyone that has had experience with either / both.

As mentioned this rest will be used for F Class Open

Previous versions of the Neo and Mini were a wash. You had plenty of top shooters using both the Neo and Mini.....was a preference thing. The mini was also far easier to transport. With the advent of the Neo-X, you'll see a bit more running that now than the Mini/Mini-X because the Neo-X is exponentially easier to transport than the regular Neo.

We have both the original Neo and Mini. I don't think very many people (maybe none?) can shoot the difference.

But, with the compactness of the Neo-X, the only reason I'd go Mini-X would be if I could get one quicker. And I'd probably still put an order in for the Neo-X while using the Mini-X.

You could likely just flip a coin.

When I asked this question over a year ago, the overwhelming consensus was to go with the Neo-x. Of course that means you’ll be waiting over a year.

But even the mini-x may be a long wait too since he just finished a batch.