• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Silencer Value for POF 6.8 SPC

Guyotrd

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
I just discovered I cannot use my ThunderBeast Ultra 9 cans (I have 2) on my POF piston 6.8 SPC since it has 1/2 x 28 threads and TB does not offer a threaded brake for these cans in that thread.

I picked TB Ultra 9's because they are extremely accurate and I do not need high rates of fire. I always assumed they would work for all my rifles 30cal and smaller.

Can anyone recommend the best price performer where the most important factor is accuracy and second price and third is weight, that will fit on this barrel? Of course I want a quality product that will last a long time.

My last TB took over 1 year before I could use it outside the gun club - by the time I waited on the backorder of the can and then the government.

After shooting with the cans I want one on all my rifles except my wood stock Elk rifles.

Convert everything to Area 419 Hellfire system is cheaper/easier than buying a whole new can.

Also, who threads 6.8SPC 1/2x28"? That's the real problem.

Odd thread for a 6.8, how does it shoot?

As for the can, I run a tbac 30pss on my 12.5" ARP 6.8 but it's for busting deer out of a tree stand.

I may have measured the threads wrong and it is 5/8 x 24 in which case the problem does not exist. The manual does not state the thread numbers.

It is a POF - and after searching old for-sale postings I see they state the thread as 5/8 - 24 in the CFL page that must be cached somewhere. They have not offered this caliber for years - they seem to switch around to new platforms all the time as well as their non mainstream calibers. The latest is 350 legend.

I would still appreciate recommendations for a can that is accurate and does not break the bank. I looked up the 419 hellfire - but my goal is not recoil reduction but less noise - I mostly shoot in an indoor range and I find the extremely loud noise from a brake detracts from the relaxation of shooting. I was shocked how loud my son's LWRC 5.56 M6a2 was when standing next to him - ouch. I used to hate shooting the Browning 7 Mag with the Boss - I replaced it with the solid attachment.

The gun shot 2 in groups so I sent it back to POF and they finally sent it back - The range was closed for C19 so now that it is back open I will test the new barrel they put on.

The attachment system I was referencing is a suppressor mount system.

THANK YOU SRT - What a great system, cheaper than TB and actually in stock.

I use it on my ultra 7 and 338 ultra. Saves from having two different mounting systems.