• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Best source for 120 AO Media

Re: Best source for 120 AO Media

I buy it locally from a guy here who sells it on eBay. If you search for "tacoma company" you will see a site under construction. He sells it in usps shipping boxes at a very fair price. He has many grits and materials. He is the sharpest guy I have ever spoke to on media blasting.....kind. of a geek on blasting....lol.

If you live in or are close a larger city check the yellow pages for a sandblasting supply company and give them a call they should have 120 AO in stock.

If you go the sandblasting supply store route get some corn grit while you are at if you use it for tumbling brass, you probably will not get it cheaper anywhere else.

wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwbrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you live in or are close a larger city check the yellow pages for a sandblasting supply company and give them a call they should have 120 AO in stock.

If you go the sandblasting supply store route get some corn grit while you are at if you use it for tumbling brass, you probably will not get it cheaper anywhere else.

wade </div></div>

Pet supply stores will often sell tumbling media by the 50# sack cheap.....just don't look for it to say "tumbling media"

I also go the harbor freight route. Cheap, although it is 80 grit, not 120. I have never had an issue with the more aggressive grit, and generally adjust air pressure to get what I'm looking for. Nice if you have a harbor freight close.

- Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X Ring Accuracy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last batch I got was from.....hate to admit it......harbor freight. Was 35 for a 5 gal pail. </div></div>

that is the ONLY thing i buy from harbor freight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X Ring Accuracy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last batch I got was from.....hate to admit it......harbor freight. Was 35 for a 5 gal pail. </div></div>

that is the ONLY thing i buy from harbor freight. </div></div>
Same here. I wear dark glasses and use a rental car when I go there to avoid detection
laugh.gif

I bought a pressure pot blaster from HF and it sucks! The AO blasted through the shut off valves in 10 minutes. I also bought a HF deadman and the neoprene stopper was installed backwards. I wasted a day figuring that one out. Installed the correct way, it works a only a bit better. I ended up using a suction feed blaster someone gave me and it works so much better. If I could do it again I would have bought the blast cabinet that comes with a suction feed gun. Anyone want to buy a HF red blaster? Just Kidding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hero's machine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our local chi com only has 70grit. </div></div>

i didn't even thing about that. i use 70 grit so i haven't checked for 120.

ENCO at use-Enco.com has it. Page 327 item # 619-0034 cost $66.98 for 50 pound bag. That's in their 2011 master catalog. You'll need two bags for a big cabinet blaster. Hope this helps.

This should help a little. Free shipping with promo code DFSDEC on orders of $99.00 or more. 50 to 100 lbs of media cost a bit to ship, so I always wait for the free shipping offer to come around for this kind of stuff. This code is only good until 12/31/2011.

See if you're close to Grainger. They will get it to the local store and you can pick it up. No freight charges.

That goes for everyone around the country also. I believe they're in all 50 states.

www.grainger.com

I use a local firm that specializes in blasting supplies and media. They have gloves, nozzles, media, ect. I just purchased 100# of alox 80 grit for 76 bucks. Try and find a local outfit that sells it. Tractor supply near me sells it as well about the same $$ as others have quoted

That tacoma company I mentioned has hvlp kits for cabinets and let you get by with very little media.