• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best stock pack?

spitz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Idaho
Putting it on a lightweight hunting rifle. Would like to add a little extra height to the butt for a better cheek weld.

Re: Best stock pack?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really like my Triad Tactical:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pad.html

I really look forward to the cheek weld it provides - super comfortable and stable. I don't know if its "the best" but I would recommend it.

</div></div>

I have three. I'll keep buying more because they are the best on the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Lately</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really like my Triad Tactical:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pad.html

I really look forward to the cheek weld it provides - super comfortable and stable. I don't know if its "the best" but I would recommend it.

</div></div>

I have three. I'll keep buying more because they are the best on the market. </div></div>

^^^ I have 2 and they're great.

I have a Triad stock pack also. The pack is very adjustable to any type of butt stock and the included velcro riser pieces work well.
Steve is awesome to deal with, quick shipping and if you have questions he actually answers the phone.

I just ordered one from Triad based on what I read in the SH forums. Mine should arrive today, so I'll know more when I get it on my rifle. I've heard lots of good things though and Steve seems to be a good guy to deal with.

Thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot! Here is a thread with some more info on the Triad Stock Pack:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...397#Post2970397

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

400006-3.jpg

IMG_0018.JPG

Remember that there are several variations; Standard size with either internal or external shell loops, Large size with no shell loops but a bigger pouch, and the "Slick" version which has no pocket at all. All three are listed here:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-c-298/

All my precision rifles were supplied with the eagle brand and a fellow shooter let me try a Triad and that very day I went home and ordered 3 stock packs and replaced all my rifles packs with there's. I will never use any other pack again. Thanks again Triad!!!

I have a triad, I like it but I wish he would put the zipper on the other way with a Velcro tab at the bottom to keep it closed. It hits me in the face when I shoot under recoil....I have to tuck the tab inside the pouch and push the zipper closed....I also wish you could get larger internal web loops if you wanted. It is REALLY tight for my 338 Lapua rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot! Here is a thread with some more info on the Triad Stock Pack:

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

400006-3.jpg

IMG_0018.JPG

Remember that there are several variations; Standard size with either internal or external shell loops, Large size with no shell loops but a bigger pouch, and the "Slick" version which has no pocket at all. All three are listed here:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-c-298/ </div></div>

The first pic: Is that the Large size or standard?

Thanks

I'm 75 percent sure it's the standard, not large. At least that's how it is on their website and that's what my standard one looks like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: realbass1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm 75 percent sure it's the standard, not large. At least that's how it is on their website and that's what my standard one looks like. </div></div>

It is the standard size pack, I just bought one, it fits my factory Remington stock and my Bell and Carlson with the butt hook. The velco straps are completely adjustable and can be configured to work with most stock configurations.

Triad stock packs are the way to go. Very well thought out and he has a few diffrent styles now. Plus Steve Is a good guy.

My vote goes to Tac Ops, I've got three of them on my rifles, wouldn't consider anything else at this point.

Although I haven't tried the Triad, and everything else they do is tops....I'm sure their packs are top shelf as well.

Triad makes a hell of a nice stock pack. I like the extra velcro strips they send with it to adjust the hieght. They are built just as strong as any out there or better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot! Here is a thread with some more info on the Triad Stock Pack:

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

400006-3.jpg

IMG_0018.JPG

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-c-298/ </div></div>

The first pic: Is that the Large size or standard?

Thanks </div></div>

That is the standard size. The large one does not have any shell loops.

I bought the Triad large L/H pack with no shell loops. Works great. Has room in it for scope tools/ levels and small items. I don't need shell loops since I use a DBM.

Yes it will
wink.gif
But if you plan on adding a lot of elevation to the underside, the large version will be a better fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it will
wink.gif
But if you plan on adding a lot of elevation to the underside, the large version will be a better fit. </div></div>

Thanks for the info Steve.

Does the standard pack have more depth than an Eagle pack? Im looking for one that does, but the large pack just looks huge to me...

Here's what I dont want:

001oyk.jpg

+1 on Triad. Love mine and am defunately planning on getting more....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it will
wink.gif
But if you plan on adding a lot of elevation to the underside, the large version will be a better fit. </div></div>

Thanks for the info Steve.

Does the standard pack have more depth than an Eagle pack? Im looking for one that does, but the large pack just looks huge to me...

Here's what I dont want:

001oyk.jpg

</div></div>

If you are trying to avoid the stretched look on the straps, get the large version. Keep in mind that the large version does not have any shell loops. For reference, the large pack will hold a MilDot Master.

Steve, I have the internal looped version for my hunter and loving it. What's the chance of continuing the internal elastic strip forward slightly and sewing at intervals to allow the securing of two-three small allen/torx?

Mark

What height are you guys getting with the packs? I have a 700VS with a Leupold 4.5x14x50 on a flat Badger base and badger rings. If I am figuring right I need about an inch lift for me to get a good cheek weld. I am worried if I stuff too much velcro underneath the pack wont be as stable.
DILL

About 3/4" is what you can get with one from Triad by using the supplied Velcro strips. If you use a wider section to cap it off, it will still be stable.