• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best sugestion 800 yard 22-250 load

Re: best sugestion 800 yard 22-250 load

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacob harper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">powder, bullet, etc. </div></div>

T

W

I

S

T

?

C

H

R

I

S

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacob harper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1-12 </div></div>

My Savage 12 VLP is a 1:12 too, which kind of sucks.

Getting the 68/69/70 grainers to work will be somewhat problematic, as they're too long for a 1:12. 60 grains and under is where you want to be, but there are always exceptions to the rule.

The BCs of the 60s and under aren't the greatest, so you're in a quandry. You could try some 69gr SMKs and go from there. If the first 10 keyhole, there's your answer. You're then stuck shooting the lighter 60s and under, which aren't ideal for 800 yds, especially in a windy enviroment.

1:14s and 1:12s are really <500 yard tack drivers.

Chris

50 V-Max, kiss, find pressure ..... repeat. Works great out of my old 112FV Savage.