• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best suppressor covers?

BigTy313

BigTy
Minuteman
  • Dec 22, 2018
    MI
    Looking to get a suppressor cover for a thunderbeast ultra 7 any recommendations?

I use the Armageddon one. Love it. The rear of the cover tightens around the rear of the suppressor so it doesn’t slide forward

A buddy has another brand, not sure which one. But it seems to slide forward even when shooting
    E65CBCC1-1F09-4D65-AD7A-6CA04AFBFE0D.png

Reactions: SmolPP
    Love my TAB..

Reactions: Runnineh
    My rauche precision. Good quality and good customer service.

Looking to get a suppressor cover for a thunderbeast ultra 7 any recommendations?
    Cole-Tac's HTP Suppressor Cover is awesome. The combination of the inner heat sleeve, tight velcro straps, and option stay-in-place lanyard is unbeatable. I've moved around between brands and form-factors, and learned through use (and wasted money) that these are the BEST.

Been running a Liberty's Defense for a couple years now. I love it. It's the ONLY cover that I've owned that doesn't slip and I've owned one from just about every mfg. Pricey? Sure. But they work very well and they don't slip. Full-auto rated etc. I met the owner at SHOT a few years ago. He's a former Jarhead and full-time LEO down in FL right now. Good guy. I'm getting another for my Turbo-K once it's out of jail.
    IMG_20200307_135020333_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20191226_135844040_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20191226_131933695_HDR (2).jpg

Love my TAB..

I was also considering this one as well.

Been running a Liberty's Defense for a couple years now. I love it. It's the ONLY cover that I've owned that doesn't slip and I've owned one from just about every mfg. Pricey? Sure. But they work very well and they don't slip. Full-auto rated etc. I met the owner at SHOT a few years ago. He's a former Jarhead and full-time LEO down in FL right now. Good guy. I'm getting another for my Turbo-K once it's out of jail.
    View attachment 7567364 View attachment 7567365 View attachment 7567366
    Pricey? You ain't kidding brother!!

Reactions: Baron23
    Second for the TAB. Got an SAS2 that fits perfect. It's not super tight, but not too loose. Got it with the bungee to cinch it down real well and it doesn't budge.

Reactions: BigTy313
    Second for the TAB. Got an SAS2 that fits perfect. It's not super tight, but not too loose. Got it with the bungee to cinch it down real well and it doesn't budge.
    Great information thank you.

Looking to replace my Col-Tac covers with Burn Proof. I shouldn't need to pay an extra $8 for what is basically a shoelace to keep my covers from slipping. Then I have a string dangling around. The burn proof covers seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. The two Cole-Tac covers I have both slip no matter how hard I crank on the straps.
    I'm sure the liberty defense is amazing, but damn is that a lot of money. They look like they would last forever though.

Looking to replace my Col-Tac covers with Burn Proof. I shouldn't need to pay an extra $8 for what is basically a shoelace to keep my covers from slipping. Then I have a string dangling around. The burn proof covers seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. The two Cole-Tac covers I have both slip no matter how hard I crank on the straps.
    I'm sure the liberty defense is amazing, but damn is that a lot of money. They look like they would last forever though.
    Youre doing it wrong if its slipping. Theres no reason your stricta cord should dangle either. Plenty of places to put it.

I’ll put ours against anyone’s in quality and ease of use. It uses an inner sleeve from the aerospace industry, carbon fiber felt, cordura, and kevlar cord. Its designed for precision rifles not for carbine Mag dumps but is 100% fine for 70-80 rapid fire rounds and will not slip because the kevlar wraps behind the suppressor. The quality of this video doesn’t match the quality of our products but it’s a good demo of how easy ours is to use.

5638BA3F-8547-4874-9C99-E9AB28D35AC9.jpeg

@Precision Underground I see that you request the suppressor model on your product page. Are your covers essentially made to order to match the specific suppressor? I have an OSS HX-QD that I need a cover for. I just have some concerns about getting the right length so that it vents properly.

I have Rifles Only HAD, Precision Underground... They are both great but...

Armageddon Gear is my favorite. I own too many of them.

Reactions: SmolPP
    I had a Cole-TAC without the cord. It wouldn't stay in place on a Ultra 9 on a 6.5 CM no matter how much I tightened the straps.

I went to the Armageddon cover. I have been running it on my 6.5 and 300 PRC. Zero problems. Stays put.

@Precision Underground I see that you request the suppressor model on your product page. Are your covers essentially made to order to match the specific suppressor? I have an OSS HX-QD that I need a cover for. I just have some concerns about getting the right length so that it vents properly.
    Yes we make them to order. For an OSS you’ll want to measure the body of the can only and keep the cover away from the vents.

What specifically do you like better about the AG? Not picking a fight I’m genuinely curious.
    The way the back of the suppressor is supported. It is fully enclosed by the wrap instead of the cord. This is important to me because after long strings of fire, I can simply pull the suppressor cover towards me and on the barrel (hope that makes sense) to cool down. Then just slide it forward and be back in business. This is also important when cleaning, I can slide it back, remove can, clean, replace can, and slide it forward. With the bare cord secured using the back of the suppressor and ON the barrel, I cannot do that, I would have to loosen it every time too slide my cover rearward.

The way the back of the suppressor is supported. It is fully enclosed by the wrap instead of the cord. This is important to me because after long strings of fire, I can simply pull the suppressor cover towards me and on the barrel (hope that makes sense) to cool down. Then just slide it forward and be back in business. This is also important when cleaning, I can slide it back, remove can, clean, replace can, and slide it forward. With the bare cord secured using the back of the suppressor and ON the barrel, I cannot do that, I would have to loosen it every time too slide my cover rearward.
    Got ya. With ours if you’ll loosen the cord lock and just put the loops back on the suppressor like in the above video you can slide on and off quickly/easily. It’s really quick and simple but it is an extra step. We experimented with the cover wrapping behind the can but found that it transfers heat faster and was also harder to make it stay put.

How long ago did you buy the PURG cover?

Got ya. With ours if you’ll loosen the cord lock and just put the loops back on the suppressor like in the above video you can slide on and off quickly/easily. It’s really quick and simple but it is an extra step. We experimented with the cover wrapping behind the can but found that it transfers heat faster and was also harder to make it stay put.

How long ago did you buy the PURG cover?
    I bought it off a SH member. I honestly can remember. I have too many cans...

Thank you for the tips. I'll try it out.

Cole-TAC Corset. Ran several mags through the can and could still grab the cover. The cover did move forward. I contacted Cole-TAC. They told me to the cord was Kevlar and to take some wraps around the barrel. Cover hasn’t moved forward. The best cover I have owned.

Attachments

• 9AAF4C91-0C15-40E7-B79D-C5D5A12DD6B9.jpeg
      9AAF4C91-0C15-40E7-B79D-C5D5A12DD6B9.jpeg
      792.6 KB · Views: 209
    The performance of my two rifles only covers are great but as mentioned earlier, the weight is a bit much. If you’re more concerned with heat mitigation and don’t mind the weight, it’ll be a good choice.

I have the rifles only and have been happy with them. I've burnt some up years ago, don't remember the names.
    PB

1621403939206.png
    should be able to make a nice one out of this the

The SHROUD OF TURIN​

it was good enough for him it should work well for you .:giggle: