• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Best suppressor for 308 semi auto?

BB

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2006
GA
Looking for some advice on my first silencer purchase. It will be going on a 308 AR and doing double duty on a 5.56 AR, so I'm assuming it needs to be tough to handle higher rates of fire.
My priorities in order:
Accuracy/minimal POI shift
DB reduction
quality construction/long life
minimal additional length to rifle
weight

Also I'm in North GA, if anyone knows of a good dealer that can help that would be great.

Thanks for any help-
BB

Re: Best suppressor for 308 semi auto?

I would look at the AAC 7.62 SDN-6. Short quiet and tough, it has an all inconel baffel stack and its 1.25" shorter than the regular 7.62 SD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gregsjt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would look at the AAC 7.62 SDN-6. Short quiet and tough, it has an all inconel baffel stack and its 1.25" shorter than the regular 7.62 SD. </div></div>

+1....I'm going to order one next month for the same reasons.

Is that can hearing safe on a 16" 308? Looks like its not out yet; I googled it and saw some reports of 143DB and that seems very loud.

The 762-SDN-6 is indeed out. It's not necessarily hearing safe at 143dB, but I don't know of a lot of big bore rifle cans that are hearing safe..

I'm going to be picking one up for double duty on my .308 bolt gun & 5.56 AR (and perhaps a .300blk at some point). It is a great multi caliber can if that's what you're after.

Honestly I'd prefer a hearing-safe can over a compact can.

SRT Arms makes great 30 cal Ti can, Shadow XL Ti, i run it on my Armalite, magnum rated as well with the inconel BB.

I've got a 762SD on my 14" Noveske and it's perfect!!! While a smaller can might be nice, it's a sweet shooter and very quiet.

I have a Innovative Arms 30cal LDSP. Very pleased with it's performance.

I would strongly suggest trying to find one to shoot before buying one.

Hi I run a MAE (NZ made) on my M14 308 had no issues after 2500 rounds.

I have a AAC 7.62SD and it is hearing safe on a 26" ar-10t.

But you need to know what you are getting into P.O.I. about 4.5inches on my gun at 100yds not bad and very consistent.
The only way to do better is a scar-h sd (7.62).
I can say that because I have a spr/m4(5.56 just like the scar-h sd) and have no shift with it .
But I think it is Military only.

Next I had to add an adj. gas block and a heavy h2 buffer to the ar15 SPR/M4 to help with the extra gas pressure ( cut it in half ) . I think i will add one to my AR-10 and a heavy buffer too. I can only shoot 40rds before it starts jamming.
Picture071.jpg

Picture070.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 762-SDN-6 is indeed out. It's not necessarily hearing safe at 143dB, but I don't know of a lot of big bore rifle cans that are hearing safe..

I'm going to be picking one up for double duty on my .308 bolt gun & 5.56 AR (and perhaps a .300blk at some point). It is a great multi caliber can if that's what you're after. </div></div>

Its not availabe yet, late March early April tenative. As for suppression quality, AAC recomends them on short barrels, 16" and shorter, specifically for the 300 BLK in the 9" barrel, as they have better sound suppression than the 7.62SD. The 7.62SD though has better sound suppression on 18" and longer barrels than the 7.62SDN-6. That is what AAC said the meters read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: machblack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi I run a MAE (NZ made) on my M14 308 had no issues after 2500 rounds. </div></div>

How'd you get your MAE? Are you in the States, NZ or UK? I'd love to get one, I used there products when I used to live there. Would love to find a dealer Stateside.

So how's the accuracy with the 7.62SD? I'm looking at one too. I can handle the POI shift, but what's the overall change to groups?

Also in N Georgia... I installed SEI's DC Vortex on my M14s, 7.62 AK and 5.56 AR, this allows me to use my SEI/Fisher .30 caliber M14DC sound suppressor
on all of them. Heavy duty construction and it can be rebuilt in the field. Purchased from Fisher with help from Clyde Armory and Bookhound (PSI).
Note: The M14DC may be a little longer and heavier than you are looking for, but it works great on all of my rifles.

Good luck.